My computer reboots at random times

letsiki

Chieftain
Hi,

I've been playing RON for a week and I think its a great game. Unfortunately I've noticed that my computer restarts pretty often at random times while I'm playing the game. I've tried with both patched and unpatched version and the problem insists. Do u guys get that too or is it only me?

Thanx

I haven't had that problem but others have. Patch 2 has been released to Microsoft for testing and may be available in about a week. In the meantime I'd recommend you visit some of the main RoN fan sites for technical troubleshooting information. I'm fairly certain this issue has been raised either at RoN Heaven or Apolyton Civ Site.

Need more info!! I don;t have a problem with the stability of RoN. What OS are you using? How long ago was this OS loaded?

I have had RoN rebooting my machine 2 or 3 times since first install
using XP home edition, I have found that to happen in some games from time to time (quite annoying on the occational LAN multiplayer)
other games that also have rebooted are civ3, freelancer and AoE2
did some windows update sessions and some reinstalling of RoN - and have yet to reboot this week - though it is only Tuesday today

Also a possibility - System overheating. I had this problem with Warcraft 3, and adding a few fans and enhancing the cooling solved the problem. You should try this if the problem persists.

Top Bottom