1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My first 3 games

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by CraigMak, Oct 24, 2014.

1. CraigMak

CraigMak The Borg

Alright so last night me and my friends attempted to play BE. My first impressions are that the game has been changed enough that an experienced Civ 5 player will not know what they are doing.

Sure there are workers, farms etc.. But enough new mechanics to make the game very confusing. Which IMO is a good thing. This means it's not just Civ 5 with a new skin.

So far it seems that trade routes are extremely strong, the behavior of the aliens is very unpredictable and the tech web incomprehensible.

You really have no idea if an alien is going to attack or do nothing. It's strange because I'm used to barbs always being an annoyance. They will wander about your borders, enter your territory and not even pillage or take a worker.

Health seems to be my biggest issue in this game. I went to -15 pretty quickly and was unable to figure out how to get health buildings because the tech tree is insane AND techs seem to progress very slowly.

We attempted 3 MP games and they all ended with crashes before anything interesting happened in the game. There's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

2. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Health mostly comes from buildings and some extra health can come from quests.

I think you can't have excess health stocked, 1 pop = 1 health i think.

I don't really understand anything form it either.

It randomly drops to -5 then +5.

But whenever a new city grows really big, health drops.
    And so I create an new outpost and start spamming new health building then it will recover after awhile. There's probably not enough health for you to have an huge empire.

3. CraigMak

CraigMak The Borg

Yea, I had 4 cities total pretty early and the trade routes were growing them all quickly. My second was the same size as my cap. The problem is that even if I can find a health building to tech to it takes FOREVER to tech there.

But hey, you can't expect to have everything figured out in the first night.