1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My First Campaign. Epic!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by DoubleAG, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Ganja

Ganja Chieftain

That was a good read. Funny take on the glaring bugs still in the game but once they are fixed the strategic play of the AI will be better..fingers crossed.

2. DoubleAG

DoubleAG Chieftain

Yeah if Firaxis doesn't fix it the modding community will eventually.

Here it is.... the end game.

At this point the game was basically over. I was alone in the modern era fighting against men still playing with swords. Since there was really no need for my two great generals that I acquired, I used both of them to start a golden age which made my gold per turn skyrocket to around 250. The mechanized infantry made short work of the vast English empire. Elizabeth pleaded for peace a few times but when faced with my humble terms of surrender, all of her cities lol, she declined. The mechanized infantry were able to take out most of her cities in one turn. Her terrirories in China slowly fell, followed by Korea and then Western and Eastern Russia. By the dawn of the 21st century the English were erased from existence. I razed all of the English cities in Russia, divided South China between Germany, India, Arabia, and Russia, and kept Korea for myself. There was no way I was gonna keep all that territory to myself and my citizens made that known several times in the form of a very unhappy populace.

The Greek Empire was the sole super power in the world. The Iroquois in South America finally made it to the modern age and they had an army about twice the size of mine but if they were anything like Siam, most of their troops probably weren’t upgraded. I used my core cities in India to build the spaceship parts and managed to launch it in 2042. It would have been nice if all of the world powers launched a massive invasion to stop my space victory but they were content to watch me cruise to alpha centari uncontested. I was a little disappointed with the lack of a victory movie. It just showed a picture with a short dialog.

Overall the game was fun but far too easy after I defeated Siam. When I finished, Germany and Russia were still in the medieval age. Rome, India, and Babylon were in the Renaissance. Siam and Arabia were in the industrial age. Me and the Iroquois were the sole modern people. I really hope that this won’t be the case in the higher difficulties. If I was on settler, everyone would have probably still been running around with warriors smh. Overall my first experience with civ 5 has been excellent. Especially considering I spent two late nights and almost all day Thursday playing. I can’t really compare it to civ 4 since I didn’t play that one that much but as far as combat is concerned, civ 5 is vastly superior. I can’t wait to see what the modders will do to this. I’m sure after some mods and a few patches, few will be complaining. I hope you all enjoyed my campaign summary although it might have been more combat heavy than some would like. I could post a picture if anyone could tell me how to do it.

3. Melchizel

Melchizel Chieftain

Thanks for the nice read! :)

4. Shevek

Shevek Prince

Thanks from me, too. It helped me while away the time waiting for my copy of CiV (should arive today). Very nice narrative.
    Can't wait to carve out my own empire.

5. lemmy101

lemmy101 Emperor

6. DoubleAG

DoubleAG Chieftain

It was my first true win in civilization so I thought I should share it with you guys. In Civ 4 I always used cheats lol. Hmm I should but a link to my campaign in my sig like you lemmy. Then more people can witness the glory of the greeks!

7. Grotius

Grotius Prince

It *is* an AAR, hehe. Enjoyable reading. :)