My first Monarch Victory?!?

whatever_du

Chieftain
OK so I'll tell you right ahead, I don't know how to post screen shots or anything but since I've stopped playing the game a 2 years ago, I just re-installed it I won a regent game and now I'M attacking Monarch, Never won a game at this level.

settings are Monarch, warm, wet, 4billions, roaming barbarians with 8 players on a Large Map. And I picked the Babylon cause I wanted to try the religious thing instead of my usual Industrious (I usualy play the ottomans)

Since the game has already begun (it's 1150AD) I'll just summarize what happened yet and you'll have to excuse my English it's my second language.

(By the way if someone can learn me how to take screen shots and to post them I'll be happy to do so for the 3rd post but the second post will only be a summarize from 4000BC to 1150AD)

It's 2:13PM here (Quebec, Canada) And I'm calling in sick at work today cause I enjoy Civ III Conquest that much! (and I don't really feel like going it's Sunday for someone's sake)

So I'll load the game take informations, try to find how to post a screen shot and I'll start a story after that. Thanks for waiting 2nd post coming this afternoon before I resume playing the game!!

Here is how it all begun...
Du, and a hard worker friend of his, decided to found a city in 4000 BC, they called it Babylon. A dream
that King Du had since it's barbarian youth. Unfortunately many other young Boys and girls,
7 to be precise, had the exact same Idea...(strangely all of them on the exact same day)...to become Leaders
for their tribe. Soon, Du would have to lead his people to become a strong tribe, a ''Civilisation''
if any such thing would ever exist...
start position.JPG

Babylon, on the side of a fresh water source, happened to be a good and happy place to live, so much that
Du and his friends strated training a Warriors gang, to explore the world, and began, with the help of
their wise men and women, to learn the Alpahabet, then writing, then literature and so on with other
Knowledges. Meanwhile, Babylon produced a gang of Settlers to found another city. Then some defensive
gangs called Spearmans were trained an other settlers were sent around. Each of the new city would
produce workers gangs or start to built temples or train Spearmans gangs.

Babylon's people, in their expension, were able to see and ''Harvest'' Incense, dyes and Gems, luxuries they
would soon link to Babylon, that was now known as their ''Capital'', as well as most of their new cities.
Except for Gems who took a little longer and a brand new dedicated city.
The capital, where lived the Man now known as King Du, was growing fast and King Du would soon get his
Own Palace, offered by the Babylon's people, now known as Babylonians.

For Hundreds of years Babylonians lived just like the animals, but Then something happened that changed
the power of Babylonian's imagination forever. They Learned ... about other''Civilisations''...
(Pink Floyd modified Quote, see that as an Easter Egg in my Story and Tale :p )

First, Du met Isabella, ruler of the Spanishs. They traded knowledges and gold for a couple of year.
DU also Met Ossman of the Ottomans. Same kind of trade with Ossman. Then, Du met Hiawatha, who would become
his best friend since Hiawatha's people, called Iroquois, had a lot of knowledge DU would eventualy need.
But when Du learned from Isabella, who was now know as the ''Spain Leader'', that he could work Iron, Du
realized he had no such Ressource on his teritory. For another couple of hundred years, DU lived in peace
with his neighboors until, in around 630AD, he was able to settle a town called Hindana which would
eventualy build a Harbor so all the Babylonian's Empire(Yes it's now an Empire)could build units
and goods (mostly units) made of Iron. DU started to order his cities to train Pikemans gangs and waited to
get Barracks in all cities so he can upgrade his Spearmans gangs to Pikemans gangs. Cause Du, At the time,
was trying to build both Leonardo Workshop and The Sistine chappel. When he learned that another ''civilisation''
built the Leonardo Workshok Du told his mens to build a Trading company, mr John Smith took on this
projet and eventualy came out with the Smith'S Trading Company that would save a lot of money for the
Babylonians. The Sistine Chappel meanwhile was built by another ''Civilisation'' and Du had tu build another
Random improvement that was the most Sheild costing improvement(Give me a break I did not notice that)

Iron.JPG

Meanwhile, or a little before the Construction of the first Babylonian's great Wonder the Trading Company
of John Smith...(Historians are not realy sure about that because King Du's books were confused at the time,
he might have been drunk on a saturday night when he wrote (or did not write and tried to remember) that)
Point beeing, A Babylonian's Caravel went on a suicide mission and met with other ''Civs'', 4 of them.
First the Romans, the Greek, the Arabics and finaly the Russians, led by an old lady that was nothing like
Isabella of Spain.

. . . . Since the game has already begun (it's 1150AD) I'll just summarize what happened yet and you'll have to excuse my English it's my second language.

(By the way if someone can learn me how to take screen shots and to post them I'll be happy to do so for the 3rd post but the second post will only be a summarize from 4000BC to 1150AD) . . . .

Don't worry about your English. It's fine.

Screenshots: I just use MS-Paint. Hit the "PrntScrn" button on your keboard with the game open, open up MS-Paint, then paste the image. Save it as a JPEG for uploading.

Uploading: You can use the Easy Upload button (red button at the upper right of the box you type in for posting). Browse for the file, and upload. Highlight the code, then copy it. Hit the "Insert Image" button, and paste the code in the box.

Alternatively, there are some image hosting services, like ImageShack, that you can use, but I'm not as proficient with them, so maybe someone else can help you out there.

Good luck tackling Monarch!

Edit: And cross-posted!

Since I just upload small picture can you see that on the website?!?! And if you can is the limit of 500K on .jpg only for one post or for the thread?!?! !
IF I can post 2 other screen shot I can upload part 3 right now !

Even if Catherine, The Russian leader, was bad looking, DU managed eventualy to trade knoledges, luxuries
and Ressources to the four new known ''Civs'' without being at war with anybody Yet. Du, in fact, had
absolutely no military forces at the time. All he knew was that he lead the scoreboard (Established by the
Commitee held by God, Vishnu, Allah, and all those kind of guys)

Here his how the world looked when Du decided to ''Post'' his progress on the ''Medieval Network'' in 640AD

1150AD.JPG

1150AD Scores.JPG

((And as I said earlier I've never won at Monarch no war is a bless right now))

Babylonians Neighbors, Iroquois and Spain, always managed to be in advance in the Knowledges so Du decided
to ask his ''Scientists'' to look for the Theory of Gravity. This way, Du thought for himself, he would maybe reach a
new Era and get a free TEch (Du Knew that for an Odd reason) and then trade it to his neighbors for other knowledges
making Babylonians the most Advanced Nation in the world. Because every other Civilisations were far behind the Knowledge
King Du and his neighbors aquired in those peacefull and trading years. However in 1265AD an unusual thing happened...
Iroquois Overthrown.JPG
Citizens of Neodakheat, a Iroquois City, decided to join the Great Babylonian people in their quest for Happiness.
Was that a sign of King Du's superior Governing... 5 years later(1 turn) The King's plans happened just as he predicted
New ERA.JPG

HEre is how it happened

Rome: 12g, world map and FIne Roman Spices /for/ Theology (Ceasar was far behing but the Salad produced with thoses spices hmmm)
Iroquois: 77g, 69Gpt, Military Tradition, World map /for/ Theory of gravity
Iroquoi again: Democracy, 427Gpt(that'S right 427) /for/ Nationalism
Spain: Nothin... Isabella would ask ridiculous price for Free Artistry and DU kept his knowledge for himself
Other: Nothin nobody has any cash and are ******ed

Du felt that if he could stay in peace with Hiawatha for 20 turns, that would allow him to invest in science so he could take
the lead in science and then begin his world conquest...after 5 years (1 turn) Du became suspicious... would Hiawatha be planning
to declare War on Babylon, its empire, its citizens and King Du? Still no Sign of War for Du and strangely...
Irokois's workers.JPG

Three iroquois's workers were working Babylonian's territory... probably another sign of Du's awesome governing...
IN 1285, still no signs of Iroquois' agression, Du started to re-train his defensive Gangs so Spearmans, PIkemans and
Musketmans would become refilmans, DU wanted to do that only on his borders so he wouldn't spend all his Peoples money on 1 turn but
first DU would have to build barracks. A massive plan for the babylonian but they would do that no mather the cost since Iroquois'
Attack was imminent...(''Imminente'' or ''imminent'' is a french word for 'obvious' I'm not sure if imminent even exist in english)

Don't you love it when the AI lends you its workers? Looks like the Iro workers are right next to Neodokheat (sp?). Were they there before the flip?

And yes, "imminent" is a word in English. Actually, we've got "imminent," and "eminent." "Imminent" means "about to happen," and "eminent" means "prominent" or "conspicuous."

I may have missed it, but do you have a Victory Condition in mind? You've lasted this long, (which is always a good thing :D ), but how do you plan to win? Conquest, Space or something else?

Top Bottom