My first MP game!

Tijgersag

Chieftain
I just played my first multiplayer game.

I followed the tips listed of 10 things you shouldn't do in a multiplayer. Somebody listed them but I can't remember where the thread is. His thread said to focus on army as much as possible and that's exactly what I did. I found myself being obsessed with the military and a complete xenophobe. I trusted nobody and was always waiting for somebody to come kick me out of the game.

I was really lucky too in terms of location. It was a Terra world and I started on an istmus that was easy to defend using the hills and the narrow paths in between the massive lake that was at the centre of my istmus. While I saw other player's score shoot to the moon, I focused on digging myself in and making use of the ivory next to my capital.

I want to thank the man who gave me those tips coz I managed to stay alive until AD 1650!! WHOOHOO..

btw I still wonder why the other players score went up so fast? Can anybody tell me? Is it religion? Also I thought it was strange that they let me build practically every world wonder. How come they didn't build any world wonders?

Smiles,

Michael

In MP, most good players focus on expansion and military. This comes at the expense of building Wonders, as you only have so many shields :). I'm guessing that most of your opponents were planting cities like crazy.

Top Bottom