1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My Patch 1.1 Wish List

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by ComradeKroo, Nov 2, 2016.

1. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

OP, I think most of the suggestions in your post are really good. But please never, never, ever have a tech cost increase per city again. To put the brakes on expansion, you could introduce very light maintenance per city, or have district costs scale with # built, or have amenities kick in sooner and more harshly (if cities required amenities at pop 1, that would nerf ICS quite a bit). But please no per-city tech penalty. I want to build empires in this game!

FangoriousFae and Xyriach like this.
  2. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

So, after 2 weeks, it is evident that civ6 badly needs a patch. A big one. A good one...
    Even Firaxis knows - I guess - that the game is as by now is unfinished.

I think the patch will have its limits, so we could perhaps help Firaxis with a list of
    most important and needed things the patch must have...

Please write them here in this thread and I try to collect it in this OP.

Also, give me feedback on the list

the list:

FIXES
    - crashes
    when: city is invaded
    - freezes
    when: quitting the game

BUGS

BETTER AI
    - AI to have old units mostly upgraded to best available
    - AI to give more priority to air units
    - AI better use of Artillery unit

BALANCE
    - Kongo civ faith generation with relics is OP

NEW
    - Create game: with random civs but so that given civs can be ignored
    - units should have the „sentry” command

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. Ogaw

Ogaw Chieftain

Crash fixes. The game crashes when city is invaded. Game basically is ruined at that point.
    Closing the game fix. When closing the game sometimes windows 10 freezes up, you then have to make a hard reboot.

4. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Stability
    * Sometimes for me, I can't quit the game, it freezes when I try. I have to quit through the task manager. It doesn't happen that often (for me) but it is annoying.

Game
    * I want to be able to have an ignore list. So for example I can play with randomized Civs but certain Civs will not be selected.

AI & Game progression
    * The AI needs to upgrade its units. Madjinns tech tree mods seems to help so the fix could actually be very simple. Could also be solved with a rubber band technique - for example when musketmen have been researched, warriors automatically (for free) upgrades to Swordsmen (regardless of resources).
    * The AI needs to prioritise Air more.
    * The AI have problems using Artillery (they constantly move them instead of using them).
    * That you can skip some techs are fine, but it is a little bit to much of that. Perhap

5. Einsten2010

Einsten2010 Chieftain

1 -I have the same problem, but only after the medieval era
    2 - Firaxis must return the sentry command. When enemy units is approaching, I have to stay alert to sidebar information because my fortified units do not communicate anything to be injured. Bug????
    3 - Fantastic monolith exclamatory
    4 - Very slow the passage turn in advanced game
    5 - Civs have friends provide much gold trade agreements turn to turn. I got 130 gold per turn in 13 trading turns. 10 gold per turn.

FangoriousFae likes this.
  6. kamex

kamex Emperor

I was worried it was just me getting that. It doesn't even let you shift to the task manager.

7. kamex

kamex Emperor

Let's not forget the Kongo 5 relic in palace 1000+ faith per turn bug

They also get double food in themed museums, that may not be a bug but feels like it.

8. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I agree that there has to be a fix for this. However, I am currently enjoying the idea of reducing culture/science from population. That would slow later era advancement by a big deal and it would increase the need for campus and theatre districts, which both seem a bit weak as of now. I'm not sure if this would be better than increasing tech cost, maybe a combination would be nice - I hope Firaxis will make some well balanced decision backed up by a lot of testing.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

And remember, Civ3 was released without multiplayer, and when it was released on the first expansion, it did not work very well. Last game was released without religion and espionage and we have both in this game. If anything, you can call Civ3 and Civ 5 unfinished products upon release.

I still maintain the even numbered Civ titles are the best. :) Kind of like the even numbered Star Trek titles.

But I admit I am surprised how little work was done on the game the last couple of months. The game is apparently the same as the first youtube first look videos I saw. But I think they were working on animations/movies and whatnot. Hopefully now they can get back to balancing issues.

10. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

On the UI, one issue that stopped my playing my Kongo game is the tendency to randomly spawn Apostles (I'm still not very sure what I'm meant to do with them as a civ that has no religion and where the imported religions I have offer nothing I want - I can't get them killed off for the relics because religious combat happens too late for that to be relevant, and in any case the way the Kongo ability works the apostle tends to be of the dominant religion in the surrounding area - so can't get into combat anyway), as the religious overview UI is just unmanageable.

The bizarre religious influence overview that the apostle view defaults to needs to go since it makes it basically impossible to make out map features, and there needs to be some way to see the promotions of a given apostle - as I've no idea which of the multitude my civ spawned can be used as medics, which can convert barbarians and which can turn into relics (the only useful attributes I've identified).

11. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Don't forget that the Kongo five-relic faith generation bug requires having the Reliquaries belief in a religion spread to the capital (as Kongo can't found a religion).

12. Ikael

Ikael King

That is a good idea too, but food is already one of the less valuable game yields and I fear that diminishing the effects of popullous cities might take it even further. Perhaps it could work if coupled with higher popullation threshold for districts (one district per 4 pop instead of 3). This way, food / housing could keep its relevance while forcing the player to take campuses and cultural districts in consideration on their research strategies.

13. JustMormegil

JustMormegil Chieftain

No, please no. We've just got rid of those pesky % modifiers, and this limitation looks artificial and illogical. How does large territory and population slow down research speed and art/culture advancement?

Actually, this can be theme of separate thread, but Tall empires should have the only advantage vs larger ones: they should be managed more effectively. Maybe it can be implemented with Policy slots, maybe in some other ways.

14. ComradeKroo

ComradeKroo Chieftain

Did you do any compare between a Civ with 20 cities and Civ with 4 cities? 20 Cities Civ just basically x20 research points, with tech cost +100%, and 4 cities Civ x4 research points with +20% tech cost. Whos faster at teching? Easy math, 20 Cities empire is 3 times faster tech than 4 Cities Empire.
    When wide empire mature their cities and invest enough in science, no way tall empire can compete with them in tech. Early game you invest wide, mid and late game you get much stronger empire, this the fact i learn from Civ 5, and its the strongest strategy, not "optimal" small 4 cities.
    Gameplay is more important than reality. If you want the fact, i can say big empire with low education population is stagnant in tech and civics.

In Civ 6, with district system, Wonders take tiles, no "percentage factor" buildings, no National Wonders, ... Tall Empire was dead, and they dont have ANY advantage.

15. JustMormegil

JustMormegil Chieftain

I hope you meant Civ5, as there was no tech cost penalty in civ4.
    Yes, wide was stronger in Civ5 if you have decent start and experienced player. Always played wide in civ5 :)

yes, but it should have simple and clear logic. In civ6, there is no % modifiers, which simplifies desicion making but, at the same time, saves stretagical depth.

yes, I agree. Some bonus for been tall is required. But this bonus shouldn't be unclear and illogical penalty for wide. Just look at Europa Universalis 4 degradation in attempt to limit 'blobs'.

16. bdemz

bdemz Chieftain

huge thing missing

17. skyclad

skyclad Prince

Almost as bad as not having a map replay...

18. Jarms48

Jarms48 Prince

I'd like coast cities to be made more viable. I've suggested it in another thread, but I'll repeat it here.

- They should change God of the Sea to +1 faith
    - They should change fishing boats to +1 production/+1 gold/+1 food
    - They should then make lighthouses provide +1 food to bonus sea resources, perhaps even to luxury sea resources if the former isn't enough
    - Buff the offshore platform to +3 production, +0.5 housing (as it comes later than standard oil wells, and would help coastal cities with housing issues)

19. Tamir Lenk

Tamir Lenk Chieftain

Give us the ability to object to AI massing units on the border. I had a game where China had 20+ on my doorstep, but I couldn't say anything unless I merely took the warmongering hit which was heavy, even for declared war. This went on for 30-40 turns.

20. Qoce

Qoce Chieftain

More health for units will be very problematic for faster game speeds. The fast game speeds already suffer from the problem of units being replaced almost as fast as they are killed, especially with higher level AI's.

Also I don't think the 5% science penalty is worth doing. You talk about science going by too fast in the late game. While having a wide empire can be a big cause of this, I don't want civ VI to follow V's path of nerving wide into oblivion. A bigger cause of the lategadme science is the rationalism card. I would like a nerf on both rationalism and capitalism, as they are basically the top 2 cards in the game and they come from the same civic (Enlightenment).