My Patch 1.1 Wish List

Give us the ability to object to AI massing units on the border. I had a game where China had 20+ on my doorstep, but I couldn't say anything unless I merely took the warmongering hit which was heavy, even for declared war. This went on for 30-40 turns.
Even worse when you have an alliance, and your ally "helps" you by moving their massive garbage army of obsolete units into your cities.

There are a lot of little design choices that I don't get. I don't not letting Japan upgrade swordsmen to samurai. I don't get not being able to move artifacts between museums freely.

Changes I’d like to see in game patch #1

1. Biggest challenge I have is getting city information in one easy spot. Add more options to the “View Reports” to have a city information screen and a “Units Screen”.

a. It would be helpful to see a list of all my cities, and what they are building, current level of “production”, “faith”, “science”, “gold”.

b. It would be helpful to see a list of all my cities, and what units they have “fortified” or sleeping there. So when I have the Great Artist that I put to sleep because I had no room for their art work, I could go back and find him.

c. It would be helpful to see a list of all my cities, and what districts they have, so if I want to build a wonder that requires a particular district, I can determine the best city to do that in.

d. It would be helpful to see a list of all my units and their locations. Do I have an archer fortified in every city?

2. Bring back keyboard control for moving (arrow keys) units, and giving commands, like U for upgrade, and <CTRL> U to upgrade all units of that type.

3. Allow the ability to CHANGE CITY NAMES!

4. When you “nuke” a city, make the contaminated tile turn red or orange or but the little “nuclear fallout symbol on them, identify them some way so I know not to move a unit on there and loose it in two turns.

5. Tech & Civics tree are never ending. I keep having to re select the “Future Tech” and “Globalization” over and over and over and over……….. Let me use my generated science for city Improvements once I reach the end of the tree. Perhaps the Civics research can go into city state envoys.

6. When disabling a victory condition for a game, it disables all the information about that condition from the “Victory Screen” so you can’t see if the AI’s are about to win on culture, if you have it disabled the culture victory for your winning condition.

7. Advance game set up, should have the ability to adjust number of city states, like you can adjust the number of AI civs. Also need to save the last “advance game settings” so If I configure my game and start it, get a crappy starting location, and want to “restart again” with the same settings I don’t have to redo everything.

There's currently no way to stop the game from stealing focus, right? I can't make it stop trying to tell me which units to give orders to? No? Okay, slap that on the list.

And of course, we'd all like our build queues back.

You also need to get the option to liberate cities (like city states) that you acquired through peace treaties.

Top Bottom