1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

MyCiv, a Civilization like game on Mobile

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by visualbruno, May 3, 2016.

1. RufusThe Cool

RufusThe Cool Chieftain

First, @visualbruno, damn fine work. For an Alpha, it's really beautiful. The only gripe is win conditions. There don't seem to BE any. I've wiped out all the AI players, uncovered the whole of the map, and still it goes on.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all about "just one more turn," but I would like something to at least say, "You Win" and give me an option to start again or keep going.
    I understand how difficult it is to do the coding for a game like this, but win conditions are paramount. If I'm missing something important, let me know, but I haven't found any.

Still, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being awesome, I give you a 9/10. You habe a beautiful game here, and I love playing it.

EDIT: One more thing: Promotions and diplomacy. I often see the promotion button on a unit, and send it to home territory to upgrade. Once there, the icon never "lights up" to indicate I can promote a unit. That might need some looking into. Also, a simple script to remove outdated/outmoded units would be nice (as would a script hiding units/buildings whose prerequisites haven't been met, like needing iron for swordsmen, or iron for the forge, etc.) to have, just so you don't have players guessing what's old and what's new tech.
    As far as Diplomacy goes, it would be nice to see the AI declare war, and to provide the option to see what they want for something, such as a traded tech, or a city.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. Hanakocz

Hanakocz Chieftain

Rufus, you need to have unit in a city which has access to needed resource, then upgrade of units is available and works.

RufusThe Cool likes this.
  3. RufusThe Cool

RufusThe Cool Chieftain

I caught that, thanks. Still, what/where are the win conditions? Wiping out all the cities I can find and destroying the Barbarians does nothing.

4. RufusThe Cool

RufusThe Cool Chieftain

As you can see by the screenshot, I own all the land. I've hunted and killed all the barbarians and other Civs. It was long, arduous, and challenging. I've discovered all the techs, so by rights I should have won, but no win.

Attached Files:

5. visualbruno

visualbruno Chieftain

Hi

Thanks for your review.
    Normally, AI should withdraw and heal it-self. I'll check that.
    I'll remove deprecated units.
    I'll add warning message if an AI declare war.
    I fixed the bug concerning boat that take barbarian village.
    I'll improve Diplomacy soon.

Next release will come soon with the first version of MyCiv Server.
    Your help will be appreciated if you can translate it in Czech.

Best Regards

6. Melgondis

Melgondis Chieftain

My biggest issue so far is the massive troop list, ive got 20+ infantry, and have to click each one to find the one inside the battleship im looking at, if there was a way to choose which troops are inside of each boat, by clicking on that boat.... that would cause users a lot less issues, and might help with your playerbase not getting frustrated and quitting over a necessary way to move troops around.

7. Jordi176

Jordi176 Chieftain

Hi can get a link for my ipad air i really want to test

8. visualbruno

visualbruno Chieftain

9. Jordi176

Jordi176 Chieftain

Do you want tips?