Myne Aircraft Conversions

Argetnyx

Emperor
I have been gone a LONG time, but I have not been completely away from Civ...

^0.3=cube root
^0.5=square root

average Span(aWs)=
1 engine = 11.71
2 engines= 20.27
3 engines= 25.08
4 engines= 33.31
Jet fighter=11.81

propellor blades (X)=
2 = 8
3 = 16
4 = 20
5 = 25
Jet = 14

Armor rating (A)=
Cloth covering = +1
Aluminum = +1.5
Armor = +2
Sealing tanks = +1.5

#l = low
#m = medium
#h = high
#s = strafe
#a = attack
P= power (hp)
W= weight (kg)
Ws= Span (m)
E = engine #
V = speed (kph)
fK = forward cannons (mm)
fMG = forward MGs (mm)
RoC = rate of climb (m/sec)
R = range (km)
dMG = defensive MG (mm)
dK = defensive cannons (mm)
C = service ceiling (m)
B = bombs (kg)
Cy = cylinders
Cr = crew
#c = cost rating

Y = (P*X)/W
Z = aWs-Ws
F = ((E*P)/(100-((W+V)^0.3)))^0.5*2
Ml = ((W/Ws)^0.5+Y+F)/5
Mh = (((100*Ws)/(0.1*W))^0.5+Y+F)/5
T = (W/(E*1000)*A
MGc = 1.5*(fMG+dMG)
Kc = ((fK+dK)*1.7)/2

AtK = ((Ml+Mh)/2+fK+0.5*fMG+Z+T+RoC+R^0.3+V^0.3)^0.5

DeFl = ((Ml+fK+fMG)/2+T+dK+dMG+V^0.3+Z)^0.5
DeFm = ((Ml+Mh+fK+fMG)/2+T+dK+dMG+Z+C^0.3+V^0.3)^0.5
DeFh = ((Ml+Mh+fK+fMG)/2+T+dK+dMG+Z+C^0.5+V^0.3)^0.5

BmBs = (0.5*fK+fMG+M+Y)^0.5
BmBa = (0.5*fMG+fK+M+Y+B^0.3)^0.5
BmBm = (B/C^0.3)/10
BmBh = (B/C^0.5)/10

Cst = ((P/Cy+F+X/2+F^0.5+Cr+MGc+Kc+B^0.3+((R/2)^0.3)/2)/3)+30

OK for some explanation:

I have worked on this for a while, so its really com-pli-cated...

Y= power (or thrust) to weight
Z= the difference between wingspans, I use it for figuring out roll and performance at altitude
F= the strength of the airframe, how much stress it can take
Ml= maneuverability at low altitude
Mh= maneuverability at high altitude
T= "toughness", how much damage a plane can take before it is shot down
MGc= the cost factor of the machinegun armament
Kc= same, but with cannon
AtK= average maneuverability [(Ml+Mh)/2] + offensive cannons [fK] + offensive MGs (halved due to need for heavy armament [0.5*fMG] + Z + T + rate of climb [RoC] + range (you can only fight as long as you have fuel [R^0.3] + speed (a big part of dogfights [V^0.3] and all ^0.5 to make the rating smaller (on average, 6-12)

Here's some examples I've already worked out using excel (rounded to whole #s):

Ardo Ar 234B:
Cost: 122
DeF low: 8
DeF med: 9
DeF high: 13
Low Attack: 5
level bombing: 13
high bombing: 2

Lavochkin La-5FN:
Cost: 91
AtK: 9
DeF low: 6
DeF med: 8
DeF high: 12
Strafe: 6
low Attack: 8

Very interesting formula.

I'm a bit confused though on stats like DeF low, DeF med, DeF high, etc. I wonder how one can implement these various altitude stats in game?

Very interesting formula.

I'm a bit confused though on stats like DeF low, DeF med, DeF high, etc. I wonder how one can implement these various altitude stats in game?

Averages? :confused: I too would like to know exactly how you mean to implement these values into game, Argetnyx.

I too would like to know exactly how you mean to implement these values into game, Argetnyx.
Aaa, but here's the fun bit: Yes they are different, it may be confusing, but I made it that way for a reason:

The different values represent different ways of using the aircraft. For example: Soviet planes during WWII were almost always used at low alititude, in support of the ground troops; but American and British planes were used at high altitude to avoid the fierce German AA firepower, when they wanted a certain target destroyed with the most accuracy possible, they flew them at medium altitude.

This way, you can have the same plane being used by two different countries in different ways, affecting the value of the plane.

Argetnyx said:
...This way, you can have the same plane being used by two different countries in different ways, affecting the value of the plane.

I see what you mean now. That is a great idea!

I'm currently messing with the formulas to balance the difference in altitudes a bit more.

This is good for several reasons. Air power is completely seperate and indepedent of anything else... so these formulas could be used in any scenario to get a realistic values of air units. The only thing that would have to differ would be anti-air and flak unit strength, and air bombard strength (to match up with what power is wanted against ground/sea units).

TOm

This is good for several reasons. Air power is completely seperate and indepedent of anything else... so these formulas could be used in any scenario to get a realistic values of air units.
This is what makes these so fun, I can make the values whatever I want. I do try to stay at around 5-20 though...
The only thing that would have to differ would be anti-air and flak unit strength
Which is easy enough to do; just change the values in the editor. Working with custom units, like '88mm Flak', would be a good addition.

BmBs = (0.5*fK+fMG+M+Y)^0.5
BmBa = (0.5*fMG+fK+M+Y+B^0.3)^0.5

Question: What does the M represent in the above formulas? I'm assuming average maneuverability?

Thanks Argetnyx. I plan on doing some more experimentation with your formula and will report the results back here soon.

Top Bottom