Naming Province #1

Zarn

Le Républicain Catholique
This is an informational discussion for an informational poll.

I believe the citizens should have a say in what to name the first province, hence this thread. I already know the first suggestion, so that is already added to the list in this post. :p

After 24 hours, I will poll the names given in this thread (maybe for 48 hours). It doesn't have to be Japanese sounding, since I do not recall our provinces ever corresponding with our civs, but it can be. Although I ultimately have the right to name it, I will still go by the polls.

Please, lets get some decent names in here. Please don't put your own persona (or a variation of) in this thread. If I were to promote someone's ego, it might as well be mine. :p

I hope no one minds the province being unamed for a turnchat or two. I just want to name to be right (and not get on peopl's nerves). I only started this thread today, because I didn't know if I was going to be governor. If no one suggests any names, it will go to Zarnia :evil:, so start suggesting.

Happy Naming!

List O' Names
Zarnia
Ingolemondor
Hinata
Tolnedra
Yamashiro
Shinano
Nintendo :p
Nippon
Demogame Ken (yes this sounds Japanese)
Zarunata Ken (true to Zarn and Japan, Japanese has no "Rn" sounds, but "run")
Zarunshiki Ken (The stle of Zarn PRovince=
Zarunaia Ken (close to Zarn/samurai) (I really like this one for some reason :D -Zarn)
Zarunaka Ken (another variation)
Shorai Ken (Future Province)
i Alcarë Marfinyador
Neo Tokyo
Kanto

Terrain Based:

Zarungawa Ken (If there are many rivers)
Zarunyama Ken (many mountains)
Zarunshima Ken (If we are on an island)
Zarunkai Ken (Coastal Province)

I think we need a Tolkienesque name. Ingolemondor (plus accents, as I'll get later), meaning land of the wise.

You mean you won't accept the name "Cyco"? :lol: j/k

I would wait until we are closer to naming the Province, Zarn. Meaning having drawn up borders. That way if someone wants to suggest a name based on the terrain (ie Deux Rivieres), we have that chance.

Cyc said:

I would wait until we are closer to naming the Province, Zarn. Meaning having drawn up borders. That way if someone wants to suggest a name based on the terrain (ie Deux Rivieres), we have that chance.

Then I will extend the discussion a little into the game. That way the terrian namers can give their names. I will keep this thread, so the non-terrain namers can give names. This thread may also serve as a suggestion list for future provinces as well.

I propose: Tolnedra

How about the name of a real Japanese province? I think the location of the Shogun's palace in feudal Japan was something like Yamashiro. Some of the other province names from that era are cool too. Maybe Shinano?

As a Japanologist, I will throw in my two Euro. Every Japanese province has the suffix "Ken", and since naming a province should be honoring the governor, as the city is for the president, we shold find something Zarn likes that sounds Japanese, and something the people backs up. Elven names and Zarnia does not ring well for Japanatics.
For atmosphere purposes, please go for Japanese sounding names.

Actually, I came up with these ten to statr the debate.

Demogame Ken (yes this sounds Japanese)
Zarunata Ken (true to Zarn and Japan, Japanese has no "Rn" sounds, but "run")
Zarungawa Ken (If there are many rivers)
Zarunyama Ken (many mountains)
Zarunshima Ken (If we are on an island)
Zarunshiki Ken (The stle of Zarn PRovince=
Zarunkai Ken (Coastal Province)
Zarunaia Ken (close to Zarn/samurai)
Zarunaka Ken (another variation)
Shorai Ken (Future Province)

Zarn and others, please give me some inputs, and I will Japanize the name.

Cyc said:

:mischief:

Anyway, I like Zarnia.

Chieftess said:
:mischief:

Anyway, I like Zarnia.

Can't give it a break, can you. CT Gotta keep on causing problems. What is your problem? You keep attacking me with your wise ass remarks, but when I respond, you go get your thug Moderator to warn me. No if you want to throw down, CT LET ME KNOW.

I understand that you're still pissed that I nailed youwith 3 PIs, but that was a long time ago. Let it go. Get back on your freaking medication!

I was laughing with you Cyc... no need to get uptight.

Sure, CT. Please, don't be buudy-buddy with me anymore or do me any favors. OK? Or we can let it fly and you will be sorry it got started. Leave it alone.

I have to appologize once again for what I did in that thread. The game hasn't even started and I already love the job you're doing. :p

I'm going to suggest Kanto. According to this map of Japan, its the province (or whatever division there is above prefecture) around Tokyo.

Moderator Action: Cyc, that will be enough. Noone is taunting you, you are just being paranoid. Consider this a warning. Play nice. It will just be sad if the Chief Justice gets banned because he can't control his temper.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I still like Zarnia...

Top Bottom