• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Nationality Thing I noticed.

Mr Funkypants

Wo Bist Du?
I've noticed that very few people here are americans. There are a lot of europeans, and especially a lot of scandinavians. I've been on for like 5 days or so now and I've already seen 5-6 Norwegians. And a couple of swedes too. Just to let everyone know. BTW, I'm a Belgian.:cool:

After you've been here a while you will see that over 50% of the posters are from North America, another large percentage is from Europe, and quite a few are from other places, such as Australia, China, South Africa, etc.

If you want to discuss it further, please take it to the Off Topic forum.

(BTW: I know of several other Belgian posters here, too. ;) )

:sniper: Canadian here :sniper:

I noticed this also.

But the question should be...

Do you play the closest Civ to your home country?

I.E.:

Americans - Americans
English - English
Italians - Rome
French - French
Canadians - Iroquios?

Etc

Me personally, I've never played the Iroquios
It's Greeks or Romans for me.

Yeah, there are tons of Europeans here, i was very surprised. They're all America-bashers which makes me sick but other than that they're ok ;)

Yeah, just like the game itself, it's a multiculteral experience :D

Also I see many Israelis like me :)
This gives me hope for after the apocalipse..

America, and no I don't use America much...

yeah, N America users are prety much the bulk of this place, although the american civ is not the bulk of my games

I like the Romans. But I do not like their Traits. I will play the Celts after finishing WW2 Conquest. :)

Surely the English being the best nation in history should be the strongest civilization in the game- rather than one of the worst :D

Originally posted by phil87
Surely the English being the best nation in history should be the strongest civilization in the game- rather than one of the worst :D

Civ reminds one of football in that aspect, heh?

j/k ;) :)

American, and play American.

I'm American, but I randomly pick my civ.

I am Canadian, but I don't usually play as the Americans or Iroquois. I prefer the European/Mid East/Asian civs.

I'm Turkish, and play usually as the Ottomans as most other Turks do :)

There are lots of Finns though, especially on CFC.

Since there is no Canada civ and there really shouldnt we arent that old or anything.. i play as my heritages i guess you could say. Romans,Celts,English,French etc.

Originally posted by BaronX
:sniper: Canadian here :sniper:

I noticed this also.

But the question should be...

Do you play the closest Civ to your home country?

I.E.:

Canadians - Iroquios?

Etc

I know that you're not going to like to hear this but Candians are much closer to the American civilization (and then either Britain or France) than they are to the Iroquois civ.

well, no i don't play as the Germans or the English.
but if the Scots were a CIV i would be them. I'm 4/10 German 4/10 Scottish, and 2/10 English.

I live in England, but i rarely play the english in civ 3 ,i love to play as the babylonians.

1/2 English 1/2 Irish 1/2 Scottish ;)

Again, if Scotland were a Civ, i'd definately play as 'em :)

There's quite alot of Dutch posters btw...

:lol: Ted

Top Bottom