Nau design

Wish my life were leisurely enough that I could afford the energy to get “triggered” by videogames like this!
Me too. :cry: As a Christian who leans Conservative, I know I'm not triggered by this. :p

It's as if you can't please everyone on the political spectrum no matter what you do because someone will be inevitably offended..

It's as if you can't please everyone on the political spectrum no matter what you do because someone will be inevitably offended..
Heck even as an ultraprogressive libsoc I just fail to see how people get so angry at viddygames for not going out of their way to conform to that person's specific ideology. Some 4X game isn't the right place to set up the last bastion of your political ideals, I'd imagine. Like I could understand people getting up in arms about a game that's deliberately pushing an agenda, maybe not agree but at least understand, but a game trying to actively avoid looking like it's appealing to one side or another isn't something to get upset over.
In the words of the wise Russian ice hockey player Ilya Bryzgalov: "It's only game! Why you have to be mad?"

Is the word "Nau" pronounced the same way as "now", or "nor / gnaw" or something else entirely?
Spoiler :

: )

Last edited:
Is the word "Nau" pronounced the same way as "now", or "nor" or something else entirely?
To the best of my shaky knowledge of Portuguese it's "na-oo".

Kinda weird how they got names of João III wrong. EVERY TIME I start the game as Portuguese I die a little inside...
At least Sean Bean didn't say Jew III...

That one, I think I remember, actually. Ironically given his background, the first syllable is pronounced "Jew".

That said, it's nowhere near Sean Bean's worst butchering in dawn of time intros. I have to turn off the sound when playing as the Aztecs so I don't have to listen to "Hutziopuchtli".

That one, I think I remember, actually. Ironically given his background, the first syllable is pronounced "Jew".

That said, it's nowhere near Sean Bean's worst butchering in dawn of time intros. I have to turn off the sound when playing as the Aztecs so I don't have to listen to "Hutziopuchtli".
I still think the worst is Jayavarman VII. I'm not sure where he got the letter "t" at the beginning.

Ironically given his background, the first syllable is pronounced "Jew".
It's one syllable; the first O is pronounced like a W. So says Wiktionary, anyway.

Though now I want religious symbols to appear in buildings, units, sails, etc, after you select a religion in Civ 7.

Absolutely! I want Crab sails!

Seriously, though, I think this topic is a bit nit-picky. I could understand if they wanted to be historically accurate and put crosses on the Nau sails. And, I understand why they chose not to in order to avoid confusion with the religious symbols in the game. Seems like there's a legitimate justification for both. And to me, it's not that big of a deal to chose one option over the other.

Top Bottom