Need description of Era benefits

sabotai

Chieftain
So I've known that city state bonuses are tied to eras, but looking at the xml files it seems like a lot of things change depending on your tech era, yet I have not seen this information compiled anywhere. Does someone mind filling me in on the bonuses of different eras?

at present only cultural city states change,
it goes
8 base
12 in medieval,
20 in industrial

No extra advantages for Martime states; not that they need any.

What above poster says for cultural.

Military states units given to you will improve over time, but that's tied to what units can be built based on techs (ignoring resource issues)

ok I wondered if there were science or population growth changes in the eras, but I guess not. Weird that the xml file for eras has different values depending on the era.

Science bonus does change over time. Generally starts out at about 8 and eventually goes to 20+. Looking purely at the science to gold conversion, you are getting about 2 science for each gold. That alone makes them worth grabbing until RA start having a better payoff.

Science bonus does change over time. Generally starts out at about 8 and eventually goes to 20+. Looking purely at the science to gold conversion, you are getting about 2 science for each gold. That alone makes them worth grabbing until RA start having a better payoff.

Hmm can you explain what you mean here. What does the 8 and 20+ mean?

if you have the 33% science from city states policy, the science you get increases over time but it's not directly dependent on your era. it's a function of the city states science production, which i believe depends on the average tech of all major civs.

Military states units given to you will improve over time, but that's tied to what units can be built based on techs (ignoring resource issues)

The gifted units do not ignore resource requirements. If you have iron, it will gift units that require iron. If you do not have iron, it will not gift any iron requiring units.

Unfortunately, Militaristic CSs never gift naval units even if the CS is on the coast.

The gifted units do not ignore resource requirements. If you have iron, it will gift units that require iron. If you do not have iron, it will not gift any iron requiring units.

Unfortunately, Militaristic CSs never gift naval units even if the CS is on the coast.

Or air units, it would be advantageous if militaristic CS's gift other types of units. :(

The research agreement cost is depend on eras. So try to do it all before advance to new era. I just mod to double it.

Top Bottom