Need Help Changing Yield of Desert Floodplains

BG ModGod

Chieftain
Hi All,

New to the forum and modding of Civ 6! I am attempting to increase the yield of desert floodplains to 3 food but not having any success. My code is as follows:

<GameData>
<Feature_YieldChanges>
<Replace>
<FeatureType>FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS</FeatureType>
<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
<YieldChange>3</YieldChange>
</Replace>
<Row>
<FeatureType>FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS_GRASSLAND</FeatureType>
<YieldChange>1</YieldChange>
</Row>
<Row>
<FeatureType>FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS_PLAINS</FeatureType>
<YieldChange>2</YieldChange>
</Row>
<Row>
<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
<YieldChange>-1</YieldChange>
</Row>
</Feature_YieldChanges>
</GameData>

As you can see I have also modded the other floodplains, and they work (both give 3 food) but the desert floodplains stay at 2 food. I have also tried using the following code to achieve the same thing but alas I get the same results. as above.

<GameData>
<Feature_YieldChanges>
<Update>
<Where FeatureType="FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS" YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"/>
<Set YieldChange="3"/>
</Update>
<Row>
<FeatureType>FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS_GRASSLAND</FeatureType>
<YieldChange>1</YieldChange>
</Row>
<Row>
</Row>
<Row>
<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
<YieldChange>-1</YieldChange>
</Row>
</Feature_YieldChanges>
</GameData>

If anybody can point me in the right direction that'd be mighty awesome! I'm not sure what I am overlooking.

The following I picked out from the Gathering Storm xml updates:

Code:
<FeatureYieldChanges>
<Update>
<Where FeatureType="FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS" YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"/>
<Set>
</Set>
</Update>
</FeatureYieldChanges>

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but the syntax around the "set yield change" is slightly different from what you posted. You could also try commenting out the other floodplain types and isolate the default floodplains (which are desert floodplains in game). You could experiment with whatever crazy yields to check if its really updating or not.

The problem is not in the code.

The problem is in when the code loads into the game. The adjustment to FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS is being over-written by Gathering Storm.

Table Feature_YieldChanges has no entries in either RaF or GS for FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS_GRASSLAND or FEATURE_FLOODPLAINS_PLAINS, so the adjustments being made by the code are never altered when either of these two expansions load their code.

In order to make sure that your code loads after Gathering Storm, you need a LoadOrder setting for the UpdateDatabase Action in Modbuddy. The value of the LoadOrder setting needs to be around 300 as a minimum for "safety" that the code will load after anything added by Gathering Storm.

See the chapter on Dependancies, References, Load Orders, Blocks in the modding guide linked in my signature.

Last edited:
Thank you both for your replies.

I was starting to suspect it had something to do with one of the expansions as I'm having similar issues with the resource horses. I already had your guide downloaded and it is an amazing resource! I will look up the chapter on load orders and get to work.

Thank you.

Top Bottom