Need Help with My new Civilization

nomercyjeffc

Chieftain
and XML/Crisis_Scene.xml needs to be set as ImportIntoVFS=true in ModBuddy.

Also, we can't really use the entire ModBuddy Project. We want a zip of the mod itself as it is when sent to your Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder. See whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial. This way, if all else fails, we can extract the mod to our ~/MODS/ folder and run the mod to see where the problems are.

Nope. still won't show the civ. and i still got to do the custom diplomacy dialog and the custom music.

1. Leader Fallback Scenes are never set as
    Code:
    <UpdateDatabase>XML/Crisis_Scene.xml</UpdateDatabase>
    They are set only as ImportIntoVFS=true in ModBuddy, as you have done here:
    Code:
    <File md5="0FA7F8CF6D79A0D277085436FA03B587" import="1">XML/Crisis_Scene.xml</File>
  2. I may have missed it, but I don't see where this Alpha-Atlas name is defined anywhere:
    Code:
    <AlphaIconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>
  3. Actually review the code you have in your mod.
    • You have this in the Civilization file:
      Code:
      <GameData>
        <Civilizations>
          <Row>
            <Type>CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS</Type>
      This causes two problems:
      1. The entire contents of the file is rejected because the game already has "CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS" registered as a <Type> within table <Civilizations>, and no repeats of anything the game already has for a <Type> within table <Civilizations> is allowed.
      2. It doesn't match to what you have elsewhere (CIVILIZATION_FELARYA) so would still make the new civilization fail even if the game did not immediately reject the entire contents of the file once it sees the repeat usage of "CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS" as a new civilization to be added to the game.
    • Here you have this:
      Code:
        <Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>
          <Row>
            <CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_FELARYA</CivilizationType>
            <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GARDEN</BuildingClassType>
            <BuildingType>BUILDING_CANOPY</BuildingType>
          </Row>
        </Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>
      whereas here you have this:
      Code:
      <GameData>
        <Buildings>
          <Row>
            <Type>BUILDING_CANOPY</Type>
      	......... snipped lines ....................
            <BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_WORKSHOP</BuildingClass>
      This does not cause the civ to fail or the game to crash, but it causes very oddball malformalities in the Building-PreReqBuildings systems.
  4. You need to come up with something more unique than this Atlas-name:
    Code:
    <Atlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS</Atlas>
    • Duplicate Atlas-Names are not allowed
    • everybody and their cousin uses CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_LEGENDS in their first mod, which means there are probably loads and loads of mods on the Steam Workshop or elsewhere on the internet that are also using the same Atlas-Name
  5. Just as for <Type> in table <Civilizations>, you cannot repeat the usage of a designation for <Type> in table <Traits>, so the entire Trait file fails because there is already a trait called TRAIT_IGNORE_TERRAIN_IN_FOREST registered within the game.
    • You can re-use an existing Trait for your leader, as you have here:
      Code:
      <Leader_Traits>
      	<Row>
      		<LeaderType>LEADER_CRISIS</LeaderType>
      		<TraitType>TRAIT_IGNORE_TERRAIN_IN_FOREST</TraitType>
      	</Row>
      </Leader_Traits>
      But you cannot attempt to re-define the trait TRAIT_IGNORE_TERRAIN_IN_FOREST within table <Traits>

i need an Alpha icon Template. And i can't use the same Trait that the Iroquois have?

Also where do i put or find the Leader Fallback Scene code?

... And i can't use the same Trait that the Iroquois have?
You can make your leader use the same trait as one defined within the game's base code. But you cannot try to re-add the same trait to the game in table <Traits>. The base game already has a trait called TRAIT_IGNORE_TERRAIN_IN_FOREST so you can't try to make a new trait with the same name.

Also where do i put or find the Leader Fallback Scene code?
I don't understand what you mean. Setting your leader fallback scene file called XML/Crisis_Scene.xml as ImportIntoVFS=true in modbuddy is all that is required. You do not also need to add the file to the list of files that are 'activated' by the mod as an UpdateDatabase action.

The definition of the dds file to use as the 'fallback' leader scene is done here:
Code:
<LeaderScene [COLOR="blue"]FallbackImage="Crisis_Scene.dds"[/COLOR]></LeaderScene>
Nothing further is needed than to also ensure that file Crisis_Scene.dds is available in the mod and is also set as ImportIntoVFS=true in modbuddy. See whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial

Thank you. now how do i add custom diplomacy dialog and custom music.

Also, how big does the DOM image have to be?

Now the game crashes whenever i try to load the mod. it just one problem after another :(

I can send the mod again so you can check it out.

Top Bottom