need help wrapping up the celtic mod (swapping Carthage and Celtia in RFC3000BC)

This should achieve what you want:
Code:
                                if (iGameTurn == i1700AD):      
                                        if (self.getGoal(iCeltia, 2) == -1): #see onCityAcquired()
                                                self.setGoal(iCeltia, 2, 1)
..and:
Code:
                elif (iPlayer == iCeltia):
                        if (pCeltia.isAlive()):
                                if (bConquest):
                                        if (self.getGoal(iCeltia, 2) == -1):
                                                if (iGameTurn <= i1700AD):
                                                        if (playerType == iEngland or playerType == iRome):
                                                                self.setGoal(iCeltia, 2, 0)
(You could easily have figured this out yourself by looking at the Chinese UHV.)

Regarding another possible UP I would suggest "No War Weariness" for the Celts, as they are a warrior people. This might also go some way towards bridging the divide between them being a Minor Civ and being playable. The good news is that it should be very easy to do. (It could prove harder to disable the old one, but since it seems to all be Python I could give it a try this weekend.)

But its your modmod and your design choices. Once you've uploaded a beta version I could take a look at those other UHVs you suggested in another thread...

heh, I actually did do that with the Chinese one already (but I put the romans before the english, does the order matter?)

In any event, I was looking at the Turks' UHV to capture Constantinople (for a possible "sack Rome by 410" uhv), and how there are three alternates for the possible city locations, etc...but Rome has 6 possible locations (although it seems the Romans just use one). I think the best way is to define a block (like tRoma) and have it encompass central Italy, then I can just require that the Celts control one city in that block before 410 and that should do it.

as for the name of the mod and the persistence of XXX even though I've edited CvRhyes.cpp and recompiled, I'm wondering if the Mac version insists on pulling the dll from the cd (Rhye's original) regardless of what's in the mod folder. I've deleted the original Rhye's off my hd as well as all previous versions and still these problems persist.

Unfortunately, the Mac version still requires the CD to use the game, so I can't test it without it. I'm going to install it back on my Parallels XP and see if it uses the mod properly then (on that one cd check is disabled properly with the 319 patch)...

In any event, I was looking at the Turks' UHV to capture Constantinople (for a possible "sack Rome by 410" uhv), and how there are three alternates for the possible city locations, etc...but Rome has 6 possible locations (although it seems the Romans just use one). I think the best way is to define a block (like tRoma) and have it encompass central Italy, then I can just require that the Celts control one city in that block before 410 and that should do it.
Yeah, I believe that you're actually learning some Python, albeit reluctantly. :lol:

I would be very impressed if you pulled that one off by yourself! :goodjob:

I imagine it would be pretty much the same thing I did with tBritishIsles - which would have worked had TL and BR meant what they said they did, instead of the opposite, lol

This would be your first real Python challenge, then. :goodjob:

So I've installed the game on the XP, but I can't get the scenario to show up in the menu. what folder does stuff have to be in for the PC (please include whole path from C:, i'm not used to windows' byzantine structure)? I can get it so it shows the mod, but then once I "load mod," the scenario is nowhere to be found...

So I've installed the game on the XP, but I can't get the scenario to show up in the menu. what folder does stuff have to be in for the PC (please include whole path from C:, i'm not used to windows' byzantine structure)? I can get it so it shows the mod, but then once I "load mod," the scenario is nowhere to be found...

I'm sorry to hear you're using Mac, I'd be surprised if those folder problems don't have anything to do with Mac's folder structure :p Most Civ3 mods wouldn't work on Macs because of this, and I've read it's still causing problems in Civ4. Anyway, I have CIV installed in D:\CIV not C: but you just need to find the game folder, normally somewhere in C:\Program Files\Civilization 4\ or C:\Program Files\Firaxis\Civilization 4 etc.

Then \Beyond the Sword\Mods\ is the folder for mods

I hope that's more or less the equivalent of where you were putting your RFC Mod on Mac, because if you were using some CustomAssets etc. folder it's no wonder it didn't work properly (at least on PC version there's like 5 different locations you can put the mod in, but all except the one above cause problems).

well, in my mac i was putting it in Applications\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods

In XP on Parallels I'm going to put it in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meyer's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods and report back on what happens.

negative..."RFC with Celts" does not show up under scenarios (nor does anything else I put in the in the "public maps" folder)

If I go to Advanced->Load a Mod, mine does not appear.

And this is a pc install on xp

apparently, based on other threads I've just now seen, I have just wasted four weeks of coding after having waited for years to get BTS for Mac. OS X, so I'm told, will never run an altered dll file, and so I will never be able to add my beloved Celts to Rhye's properly.

My only hope is to get it working on my XP side (I have a proper XP Pro install on Parallels, and a full retail PC version of Civ IV Complete), but I can't even seem to do that...halp!

For the mod to show up on the list all that is needed is a folder and aptly named INI file inside. Test it out with a test folder and some INI copied from one of the pre-installed mods.

I'm not following...I have the whole kit-and-kaboodle (.ini and all) for the mod, but for some reason putting it in the /Beyond The Sword/Mods folder does not make it show up in the list.

I'm trying to find the file(s) that control the Civilopedia entries. Right now, Carthage still appears, with all its own information, except the UHVs which are the ones I've redone. What do I need to edit to get that to pull the information for Celtia (I'm pretty sure it's just referencing the original Civilopedia xml for everything but the UHVs, so searching for the text I see in the Civilopedia just gives me the original files, and not whatever is calling for the text to be used.

Top Bottom