Need military advice

NinjaLordBruce

Chieftain
I have been playing with 3 friends for the purpose of this post let's call them John, Bob and Gary. John is a noob and hasn't played civ 5 at all, Bob is a pro he always has most points and would win multiplayer if we managed to complete one. Anyway John refused to play alone and kept changing teams to be with Bob.

A few turns in Gary sent me a private message saying Bob wanted to betray John and said both would support me in this. I didn't want to but I was already mad that he had declared war on me 3 times and Took the dye that I was trying to get to for a while even after I asked him not to. But I wanted to be peaceful as usual but that never works he took my workers and that was the last straw. I had one troop just to protect me from barbarians he went and killed that. So I made a peace treaty with Bob which consequently made me and John stop being at war also. I prepared an army and put them between our borders as he was doing the same with less troops. He then declared war and everyone says I declared it even though John admitted it. Anyway I took his city that took my dye. I would have been peaceful after that but every game we play with him he just attacks or doesn't play like in a nice way he won't care he will attack and betray you. So I decided I wanted to take over his entire empire. Well when Bob betrayed me and sent troops to his city I just stopped moving my troops I let them heal and asked him to move them so I didn't have to attack him that went on for about 10 turns where I could have killed him with my catapults archers and horsemen but he had the best military in the game so I thought better not. Well did you guess it? He sent more troops let John create more and they attacked me after that I rage quit because he had said many times he wouldn't intervene.

I returned when he said and promised he would remove his troops and let us continue war without him. He did that but he now threatens to give John troops if I don't declare peace which I think he is already doing A John suddenly got plenty of troops out of nowhere. So I said I will accept peace if he gives me two of his minor cities and some iron he can keep only his capital. They didn't accept they offered one city iron and money I refused I have the troops to defend myself at the rate that he makes troops eventually he will run out I will attack his other city and move on to destroy his empire.

They keep trying to negotiate peace with me. We have now all left to go to bed and they said let's see if I am more reasonable tomorrow. I am not sure what to do, if I continue war(if Bob isn't sending him troops) I can remove him from the game which would make me feel great and would maybe teach him a lesson for next time we play which would be not to f*cking mess with me. But if he is receiving troops from Bob he may eventually have more troops than me which would end up bad for me. I could accept the peace treaty for one city iron and gold but then I just know he would end up attacking me again as his troops go on auto and he doesn't take it off even when I say they are attacking me or trying to at one point two of his troops were following my settlers. What do you think I should do? Trust John to not attack me again and take the peace offer. Or risk my whole empire and try and conquer all his empire?

He had quite a few troops in my city at one point that I kept killing but he had more hidden now I think they are all gone so I could try a move.

Top Bottom