• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Need playtesters!

It introduces almost a new way to win the game. Instead of capturing VP locations on land, you have to capture and control VP locations on the ocean.

The only land units are an immobile infantry and an immobile artillery to prevent the AI from capturing cities, which is not the point of this scen, but instead you have many new sea units to use. Germany has many powerful units, but the allied countries have also a few units which become more powerful later in the game. There are also added two city improvements which autoproduces both axis and allied sea units.

Here is an image of the minimap:

post the beta file.

@El Justo
I think to place VP locations on ocean tiles, as the AI (hopefully) will capture and control. It's therefor I ask for volunteers, so I can test it out.

@striq
But if you have a VP location, you don't need to have a city, just in a tile. When you have VP locations on land, you don't always need to have them in a city. So I have VP's on ocean tiles.

@sourboy
Yes, I shall upload the beta.

Hmmmm.. sounds like fun! I have thought of making a battle for the Atlantic Scenario, but your idea is much cooler than mine! Sign me up!

Luddi VII said:
@striq But if you have a VP location, you don't need to have a city, just in a tile. When you have VP locations on land, you don't always need to have them in a city. So I have VP's on ocean tiles.

hmmm well I'm game where do I download?

Luddi VII said:
Ok, great. I'll PM Thunderfall today.
How big is it that you need Thunderfall to grant ftp access?

Do you have many custom naval units?

The file is 17MB and the map is 180x180, but it takes very short time to load. And I have added about 14-18 custom naval units.

Luddi,

it appears that you missed a text entry... :p

Attachments

• luddi.JPG
    luddi.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 90
Does this actually work??? Will the AI play it right? Have you magically created a naval scenario?

If so I LOVE YOU! ;p

Opening the Tech Tree is a mistake... crashes the game with errors. Is the Destroyer supposed to be in there? It looked like it had standard stats, but I only was playing for a few secods before...

What I saw looked pretty cool!

It definitely was different... did you see the AI ever try to take the victory positions?

I haven't acatually seen that the AI has tried to take the VP locations, but it has moved out on the ocean.

Could you show me your tech tree errors? I don't understand why it crashes so much. :confused:

Top Bottom