Need your opinions! Help!

AluminumKnight

Conquistador
I'm pretty sure this is in the right place, my apologies if it's not.

So, I'm looking to purchase a console system, and as I want to get Rock Band, I've narrowed my choice down to Xbox 360 or PS3, but I'm having a very hard time deciding between the two.

First, on the PS3 side, I need wireless internet capability, and that comes included with the PS3. Second, the PS3 comes with Blu-ray compatability. Third, the online service offered on PS3 is free (though I believe some games may charge fees?). Finally, the PS3 is more powerful. Exclusive games I might want: Metal Gear solid, Devil May Cry.

On the Xbox side, the Xbox is slightly cheaper. Also, from everything I've seen, Xbox Live is a better online system than whatever PS3 has. Exclusive games I might want: Halo 3, Battlefield 2, Dead or Alive, Perfect Dark.

The problem is, I don't know anyone who has a PS3, so I haven't been able to actually play one. Help!

Xbox has better games but PS3 has better reliability, I think the PS3 is a better machine just that the game selection is pretty limited. With Halo and Ace Combat and countless others for Xbox, if money and graphics are no problem then get the Xbox.

An XBox won't leave you strapped for cash.

...On the Xbox side, the Xbox is slightly cheaper. Also, from everything I've seen, Xbox Live is a better online system than whatever PS3 has. Exclusive games I might want: Halo 3, Battlefield 2, Dead or Alive, Perfect Dark...

An XBox won't leave you strapped for cash.

Halo 3 is overated. Also, though the PS 3 may be slightly more expensive, when you factor in $15/mo. for Xbox Live it might be better to just build a computer and keep upgrading it, but then you can't play Rock Band. Also, throw in the Blu-Ray player (HD-DVD is losing the format war) and the PS 3 becomes even cheaper.

Top Bottom