Negotiate between two Civs for peace

John Falkner

Knight of the Round Table
I would like to offer one civ some gold or tech to agree peace upon another civ. We had this option in Alpha Centauri.

On the other side i want to persuade someone to declare war on another nation. If this action (by a spy?) fails then the nation becoms a message that i´m the villain. If all goes well, nobody would ever know that i did it.:D

The first was on my original Civ III wishlist.

The second sounds nice, but it better be really expensive, since it would undoubtedly be very powerful - get everyone and their grandmother attacking your big evil neighbour!

Yes i think it must be expensive. Apropo expensive, in my game i´ve played this evening, my nice neighbour Queen Elizabeth requested 48000 Gold for an alliance. i´ve to decline politely.

I think the abilty to make peace between two different civs would be great. When ever there was war between two civs and ones close to being knocked out and I didn't want that civ destroyed just yet I had two options 1. set up a ring of units around that civs last city, but thats not easy to do because it takes a while to get units there or 2. Give that civ a city in the middle of my territory, but I hate giving away citys unless I'm doing one of my nation building wars.

What I like to do to save a weaker civ from being destroyed by another civ is give it tons of money and maybe some resources, if I don't want to war with that other civ. Another thing I do is give it some tech if it's technologically disadvantaged. I wish I could somehow give that weaker civ some units, like we could do in Civ II.

However, I agree that asking one of those civs, particularly the stronger one, to declare peace is a great idea. Perhaps this idea could be carried on to developing a stronger United Nations in the game.

Top Bottom