Never Ending Plaugue, 2 games in a row, with latest patch

jinif

Chieftain
Is this happening to others as well?

I was playing as the germans, and had the middle age plaugue go on for 20+ turns before I quit.
Started another game as the germans, and the same thing has happened.

I am not the only one affected, it looks like just about all other civs have been infected too, with none ever getting any better.

Any suggestions?

Sorry if this is a repeat, I couldnt find any recent threads dealin with it.

Thanks for any help

Try aquiring Health Rescourses and cutting trade off from other countries. Another sad(I guess) thing I find helpful is that nocking out alot of the population helps the health of a city so that can mean taking the food away from them by manually switching when they work in the fields to making them work as a regular citzen. Sometimes It's also just "the luck of the draw":).

Try aquiring Health Rescourses and cutting trade off from other countries. Another sad(I guess) thing I find helpful is that nocking out alot of the population helps the health of a city so that can mean taking the food away from them by manually switching when they work in the fields to making them work as a regular citzen. Sometimes It's also just "the luck of the draw":).

But isnt a plague supposed to be limited in the number of turn it lasts?

This is going on, and on, with no end anywhere in sight.

Usually when I play (I have played quite a few RFC games) the plague goes away on its own, in a matter of turns.

I've had a similar problem with my recent games. I'm pretty good at avoiding the plague, but I've been playing this German game and the Mayans and Incas have been plagued for what I assume is permanently, since being discovered.

However, I was having problems with the date times and had to reload the mod because of it. I suspect the problem was installing the new patch after loading the new mod version.

I have to say though, it's possible that if you are not exercising proper population control and hygiene a plague could last that long. Plague is one of the reasons I keep slavery for Germans up into the modern era.

Is this happening to others as well?

Not to me.

Did you delete (or at least rename) your RFC folder (within BTS/Mods/) before you unzipped the 1.186 download? If not, this sort of odd side effect has been occasionally reported in these forums before and this might be the cause of it.

Not to me.

Did you delete (or at least rename) your RFC folder (within BTS/Mods/) before you unzipped the 1.186 download? If not, this sort of odd side effect has been occasionally reported in these forums before and this might be the cause of it.

I thought I had, but I went ahead and reinstalled anyways.

The game I started previously had the same problem, so I started a new game, this time as the Americans. When the plague came, this time it only lasted a couple of turns, then went away, so hopefully this issue is fixed.

i am having the amse issue playing as the germans in a 600 ad version, i have been playing for 120 plus turns with the pluge.... dam i guess i am going ot have to quit :( i hvae hte lastest version

is there any way to stop it in hte world builder?

i am having the amse issue playing as the germans in a 600 ad version, i have been playing for 120 plus turns with the pluge.... dam i guess i am going ot have to quit :( i hvae hte lastest version

is there any way to stop it in hte world builder?

Plague is a building. Go into the WB and remove the Plague building from every city (not just yours, everyone's).

Top Bottom