new art in progress

Looks very impressive already.

I will look into animations.

Action-rich idle does not work well from experience (because a short look (2 sec. max) beeing repeated over and over). If the anims work out well, i will make a fidget sequence (it will sometimes be played at random while ideling...)

You dont have the texture still in layers (as PS or Gimp file, wr what you use) ?

here is the last gimp version of the texture with layers (i added the bump as effect after merging the other layers) and thank you for the making the animation (and my holiday was too long, wanted this as figdet not idle, but confused them :lol:)

edit: removed texture

Thanks. I got the file.

Looks spectacular, welcome back.

Does anybody know offhand if a fidget animation can cause a unit to become partly transparent? I had this idea, because one of the other hero units is called "ghost", a ute with a bunch of scouting promotions including camouflage. I was thinking it could be cool if the unit went translucent/transparent as a fidget.

It's possible, but might look weird.

And of course he will become fully visible again, when fidget animation is over (wich is just a pair of seconds - i think fidget can be a bit longer than others still... 3 - 4 tops)

Maybe just painting the texture in a camo pattern would be better...

On that cargo truck request of yours...

I was thinking it might be a bit off, to use trucks - sometimes you will pop one at a time where you not even have Fuel...
Also something that looks more like "Survivors Scavenging Stuff/Supply's" would go more with the theme...

Something like a original fallout scrap-car-parts-bramin-powered caravan cart...

Used one of Chuggis settlers as driver... Might need to give him a slight recolour.

It has no cargo yet, as i am not entirely sure what to put on it. But technically cargo is the easy part - it needs just to pe put on the cart... (I think we might need to put back "cruise missle transport" - a cruise missile on this would look quite funny...)

I cracked up when I saw one cart, two animals, four heads.

In the current version, there is basically a safety truck, health truck, and food truck. I used the "purple musical note", "red cross in white circle", and "bread" symbols as stickers on the top. Any cargo in the truck, which is graphically different enough to see, is good. The red cross symbol on several wooden boxes is probably clear enough for health. For safety, now we have the red shield symbol, we could use that. For food, maybe the bread symbol is clear enough.

I agree a cruise missile sitting on this cart would be funny. The picture I had in mind, actually where the idea came from, is the next-to-last level of Fallout Tactics. Your team of six is given a slow "nuclear sled" to protect while moving through city streets full of enemy robots. I hunted around for screenshots for a few minutes, but I couldn't easily find any. Anyhow, I think the concept of rebasing missiles with actual transport was "voted down" by playtester feedback, so it may not be that important.

I did not play the last few misisons of fallout tactics... (Stoped somewhere after the first robots appeared...) So i have no idea how that sled looked...

I was thinking on somewhat more "flavoured" than just a box with a bread symbol on it... Maybe some crates labeled like food that is known to taste terrible but be still eadible after years...
I guess medical supplies will be have to be just red cross boxes...

:D

That make me thinking... "Bob's Iguana Burger" as corporation :mischief:

On that cargo truck request of yours...

Not to be nit-picky, but just wondering, but why do you have the truncated truck backwards? Around here when people cut old truck is half to use them as trailers, the bumper still is in the back. I would think that for loading purposes and for rigging up the cattle, you'd want the cut up front to be used as the front since it's going to need some jury-rigged working anyway, so you can then use the pre-built bed and folding door in the back. Not to mention if the truck had a trailer hitch, you could tow another trailer if you had multiple animals pulling up front.

Yes, this is the sort of things I notice when I'm hiked up on pain medication after doing house/yard work all day. :crazyeye:

BTW, I really like the look of the driver. Very much a blend of modern and sort of medieval.

It was Iguana in Fallout.
Which doesn't matter a lot, since - without to give away to much - Iguana was not necesserily a ingridient in Bob's Iguana Burger.

And the Trailer is not backwards. They put another bumper in front, so the driver (who's btw. not my - Chuggi made him) has a footrest.

Cool! One key goal is to be able to tell the difference between the three trucks when zoomed pretty far out. So maybe a red scheme for one, white for another, blue or some other color for the third.

I think medical will indeed have the red cross on one of the top crates - should be unmistake-able.

A am not sure yet on the safety one.

On a related note - right now the "safety" truck is labeled as "museum" - somewhat a remnant from "culture"-times.

The original idea traces back to the eyeglasses from Lord of the Flies. The point is an object which inspires people, placed in a museum. I cannot think of anything better for "safety". Some kind of weapon system is a possibility for safety in a single city; but it would have to be obvious why it cannot be a mobile offensive weapon system. Any suggestions?

Hmmm... i was thinking quite basic stuff - like generally usefull supplies... Lot's of barbed wire... But as it places a explicite building in the town... Hmmm...
Perhaps a high voltage generator to make that barbed wire charged ?
There is lots of stuff that does help defense more than on offense.
Maybe some kind of early warning equipment... Radar station or something.
Then there are some weapon systems, that are better used defensively... Mines for example...

While museum could still stay in and give just the reearch bonus (i think it does have some research bonus now)

TO differentiate the safety truck: make a driver to be in a military form (or better take another unit, like guardian); also the truck should be dirt-green colored. If it is not that hard it could be covered with tarpaulin. This way it would be unique enough for me.

There is lots of stuff that does help defense more than on offense.
Maybe some kind of early warning equipment... Radar station or something.

For safety, how about asio's radar station. Can you pull out the antenna and put that into the truck bed, so it is visible? Then using it in the city could produce the radar station building. That would fit a safety bonus.

Top Bottom