New BNW based Lord of the Rings (1650,2950 scenarios)

thanks for the hard work. a fun mod. I have a longer term suggestion on victory condition. would it be possible to have the one ring start in possession of a 'ring bearer' FP unit that starts on far west of map and moves one or two hex each turn in some random-ish path toward mt. doom? make the unit invisible and only revealed if a enemy unit is next to it (100% reveal if nazgul unit next to it)? If found, a duel takes place. keep the 'ring is nearby' hints to point the one-eye toward the ring. ring makes it to mt. doom, game over free person win. Sauron finds ring bearer and wins duel, he wins?

just a thought.

Any chance you may add the mod to cfdatabase or anywhere other than steamws?

Thanks. When my civ appetite comes back, will definitely play your work.

Thanks bane. I am constantly updating it, including new functionality, so please join the facebook page to get the last download links.

https://www.facebook.com/LOTRCIVV

Thanks for playing!

This mod is indeed great mod, but i have a few things to report: (playing dwarves, 1650 scenario)

* any way to display how many units are stacked together? i like that new tactical possibility but it lacks that tooltip to display numbers of units stacked: that is especially crippling facing neutrals and enemies, the only way i can tell units are stacked is when its from my own team and i cant move into their hex, and with neuts with open border agreement, clicking on neut/enemy wont tell if its a stack or not, so as a rule of thumb i consider every AI unit to be stacked xD
* Emmissary doesnt have bribe and such orders, only build village improvement. Feature or bug?
* graphical glitch with one unit, undetermined yet (i suspect the "river boat" to be bugged), causing flashing black stripes trough the screen, annoying but not crashing, i had already the bug on faerun with "orc raider" unit. This bug is "active" only when the given unit is in view range.
* more to come later on, i'm on it for only 2 hours now, keep up on the good work!

Edit: * Any way to remove religious pressure like in faerun?
* Scout being teleported to nearest city upon death, feature or bug? That scout got first burned, then confused (same turn), then died (or at least i suppose so, map wasnt centered on it, but it was one turn later since that scout was stun before dying), got teleported (and still confused) to nearest city, burned two turn while being confused in front of the city, then was able to move again.
* no "calmdown" ability for heroes to put those fires off... resting the unit doesnt put the fire off (maybe random??), stacking a hero DOES remove HP to the hero at start of new turn, but still no "calmdown" ability and still on fire after a few turns, luckly they didnt died from it. I really dont understand that concept for now, and AI is spamming it (playing on deity, that was default setting). I must admit that flamethrower AI tactic is pretty gamebreaking for me, especially when playing dwaves who are used to be a bit "fire resistant".
* no display of current promotions of a given "regular" unit, it only shows its level, but no promotion showed, pretty annoying having to remember each unit's specialization..
* unit set on fire by a created nazgul on a freshly captured city by this unit, that unit got teleported right outside the town at new turn start...

Well i'm glad to help to debug your mod, but enough bugs for tonight! :)

Running only with your mod loaded, and i had to download it from your fb, since sw subscribtion didnt installed the mod.

I am very eager to play this mod, but every time I start Civ V, it never appears in the mod list.

Can somebody help with that? I have followed the instructions to thze word so far and it still won't appear.

I've been trying to get this mod to work off and on for a few weeks myself, but like Der_Griffon, it also doesn't show up in my mods list...

Suggestions or solution much appreciated.

Thank you!

I have the same problem, also waiting for any help :(

*edit*

Problem solved, just had to extract files manually into mods folder ;)

But then again, there's another problem - scenario startup loading time seems to be huge... x_x

*edit 2*

Tried to load scenario and in some three or more hours nothing changed. And I have an up to date computer :(

*edit 3*

Seems I simply had an outdated BNW version :blush:

*edit 4*

Save games won't work for this mod - they're simply nowhere to be found :(

*edit 5*

Managed to load a game (save file is hidden in hotseat savegame folder), but when loaded the view gets obstructed by "configuring the scenario" picture. I can click on many things, yet I can't see anything because of that picture :(

Top Bottom