New Civ look Poland

The math for Winged Hussar is simple:

Wildcard in Chiefdom = Early faith and early Great Prophet card = Early religion
Early religion = Theocracy
Theocracy + Strong faith production + Defender of the Faith = Faith-bought Winged Hussars winning the game

Yeah but after Poland enough with europe. We have now 9 civilisations in Europe (10 if you count Russia) and the other continents are barely represented. Please firaxis focus on the other continents now and don't overcrowd Europe anymore.

+4 bonus gold from domestic trade routes as early as markets is, in my opinion, the most powerful bonus from this civ. If you're generating a large number of cities and boost food/production for them with internal trade routes you now will have a lot of money from trade routes as well for buying units or buildings. At least, if you're putting commercial hubs in every city.

Changing the starting military card to a wild card is fantastic too, and will let me slot in more economic cards as the start of the game than anyone else.

Winged Hussar has 55 strength so that's pretty good, but you can't seem to upgrade into them (same problem with Japanese samurai) so you have to hard build them. You can use your trade route money to buying them though I guess.

I'm not too interested in the other bonuses.

Winged Hussars come with Mercenaries, though, so you are not required to beeline for Stirrup and can focus on other techs. Plus, in my experience, culture is easier to generate than science (especially with culture bonus from relics Poland gets).

Out of all great Polish kings, they choose someon, who was a king for only a couple of years and didnt actually do anything...

Please educate yourself. I'm Polish so I'm gonna educate you: She strenghtened the nation through marriage with Jagiełło, promoted science, culture and economic developement. She's even on our currency. So please educate yourself. She's a great choice because she was so versatile, almost as much as Casimir the Great

That you have to do the work to found a religion is not a good reason to consider a religious bonus crappy. Many civ's have religious abilities without getting handed a prophet on a platter.

Founding a religion is most likely not going to be worth the early hammers you have to invest on higher difficulties, in most games you aren't going to get a religion. Generally the best way to mitigate this is cheaper Holy Site (Russia, Japan) or free GP (Arabia). Poland does get a Wildcard policy earlier that they could use for GP points and extra Faith adjacency so they could potentially faith-buy a GP faster, so that's something.

Please educate yourself. I'm Polish so I'm gonna educate you: She strenghtened the nation through marriage with Jagiełło, promoted science, culture and economic developement. She's even on our currency. So please educate yourself. She's a great choice because she was so versatile, almost as much as Casimir the Great

And she was canonized as a Saint. She did more in 15 years than a lot of kings did in a lifetime. And yet somehow she's considered "not good enough". I don't get why people are so against her. I'm not Polish, but I can tell she's one of the best leaders they've ever had.

And she was canonized as a Saint. She did more in 15 years than a lot of kings did in a lifetime. And yet somehow she's considered "not good enough". I don't get why people are so against her. I'm not Polish, but I can tell she's one of the best leaders they've ever had.

This happens every time Firaxis chooses to include a female leader. No matter how good she was, a group of people here will always insist that some male leader would have been a better choice and that Firaxis only chose her because they're trying to be "politically correct" social justice warriors, or something other such nonsense. It's all quite tiresome.

Cos she was a woman. That's enough for a lot of morons to be against her.

Cos she was a woman. That's enough for a lot of morons to be against her.
She's a fine pick, in my eyes. Unlike Catherine and Gorgo. But then, Spain was created with Philip, not with Isabella, and China has Qin, not Wu Zetian. I don't think there really is a 'we must include more women' thing going on, looking at it objectively.

Last edited:
poland is absolutely nuts she just dow me for no reason whatsoever!

Yeah but after Poland enough with europe. We have now 9 civilisations in Europe (10 if you count Russia) and the other continents are barely represented. Please firaxis focus on the other continents now and don't overcrowd Europe anymore.

We still miss a lot of civilizations though. I agree with you that other world parts are underpresented, but Europe meant so much in our history, compared with let's say The New World, and Europe will also sell more. I agree that we probably need civs from other parts in the world ( se asian-civ, korea, another native american civ (mayan, incan) and middle east (ottomans, babylon & persia). But I would like to see Byzantium, Netherlands and possibly Celts/Carthage/Austria/Sweden and other leaders from current civs too.

This happens every time Firaxis chooses to include a female leader. No matter how good she was, a group of people here will always insist that some male leader would have been a better choice and that Firaxis only chose her because they're trying to be "politically correct" social justice warriors, or something other such nonsense. It's all quite tiresome.

We all know why they chose a female. I can't debate the Polish question but I found a lot of other areas (in art and music) where an overrated female was chosen.

And consider politically correct -- iirc Civ 3 or 4 had the Aztecs capture units and turn into (hold onto hats, pants and any other articles of clothing draped on your body,) slaves. (Now they turn into builders.....) Many other examples. Yes, imho, it is political correctness and I'll probably get my first mod strike but just try to start a discussion about Hitler or Stalin and see how long that lasts. :eek:

But on a different note I wish they'd redo all the cartoonish leader figures. At least make them look human! (Is that Gilgamesh on steroids? Doesn't look anything like this guy ...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh#/media/File:Hérosmaîtrisantunlion.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh#/media/File:Hérosmaîtrisantunlion.jpg
Oh well...:cry:

But she is so adorable. What is there not to like? Guys with mustashes NAH not my thing

And consider politically correct -- iirc Civ 3 or 4 had the Aztecs capture units and turn into (hold onto hats, pants and any other articles of clothing draped on your body,) slaves. (Now they turn into builders.....)

How would you define a slave unit differently than the builder unit?

Top Bottom