New Civ look Poland

Well, with Brazil and Germany in game, Firaxis continues to fill meh countries with decent players base.
Can you blame them for being commercial at times? I don't know anyone being aztecs who want to buy Civ6 :) As long as all their leaders aren't based on the player-base. And not adding Germany to the game would be a big mistake. It is one a the most significant civilizations in many aspects. I guess adding all these female leaders is also to be commercial in some sense.

Can you blame them for being commercial at times? I don't know anyone being aztecs who want to buy Civ6 :) As long as all their leaders aren't based on the player-base. And not adding Germany to the game would be a big mistake. It is one a the most significant civilizations in many aspects. I guess adding all these female leaders is also to be commercial in some sense.
Nah, I cannot blame them. I can only be disappointed. To be honest I am more disappointed by pathetic amount of rooster civs. It is 2016 afterall.

Yes, not adding Germany to the game would be a great commercial mistake. Maybe the Great Mistake mentioned in BE. :)
Seriously though, I respect your opinion, forgive me this little joke.

Rest uniques is not worthy mention, meh.

Winged Hussars are meh? I'd guess you never used them. At 55 strength, they're the most powerful unit of the Medieval Era. Their pushback ability is also no joke, and I think it can even drive away units from cities.

I believe Poland can pull out one of the best Theocracy pushes with them. They cost only ~490 faith, which is pretty cheap considering their faith bonuses. Even with Winged Hussars on the other side of the Civics tree, but if you are doing a Theocracy push then you're probably already heading that way for the Conscription policy.

Why people nitpick about the gender of the leader? Political correctness or not, it's a fact that history favored men, thus it's natural that they had more accomplishments. On the other hand, it's not right to downplay women saying that they were chosen by Firaxis only because they were women.

I'd rather see a constructive criticism about how to play Poland. What are their strengths and weaknesses? How to best play them? How their bonuses mix and favor them? How to counter them?

Really, how come we're discussing gender instead of strategy about a, well, dunno, a strategy game?
Given the choice between staring at Teddy Roosevelt's ponderous gut and Jadwiga's coy smile for 12 hours of a game, I'll take Jadwiga. The gender of the leaders is basically immaterial to me. It's an obvious attempt at increasing diversity. I'm fine with it. Finding historically important women can be difficult, especially as you trek further back in history. For one, women were generally allowed to do less, and ancient historians took less notice of the accomplishments of women. She was at least a leader of her country, that's good enough for me.

Moving on!

Winged Hussar is kinda meh in my opinion. Why did they have to put it in the worst possible civic (top row, opposite the corresponding heavy Calvary card.)?

I am curious to know what are the special bonuses for each playable civ in the Poland scenario.
I don't remember it to be honorst, but they all are equal with the exception of the civ leader ability. I guess you can find it in a YouTube-video as some have played the scenario and uploaded it to YouTube. I think Drew has made a video about the scenario. I guess you can see it that way unless you found the answer somewhere else.

I don't remember it to be honorst, but they all are equal with the exception of the civ leader ability. I guess you can find it in a YouTube-video as some have played the scenario and uploaded it to YouTube. I think Drew has made a video about the scenario. I guess you can see it that way unless you found the answer somewhere else.
@Guandao I am curious to know the full details of the Poland scenario (Jadwiga's Legacy), such as colour, symbols, leader abilities, and city names.

@Guandao I am curious to know the full details of the Poland scenario (Jadwiga's Legacy), such as colour, symbols, leader abilities, and city names.

All three leaders share the same Civ ability (Golden Liberty, like Poland in the regular game), the leader abilities are:
Mikolaj Radziwill- Nesvizh Castle-Receives a second builder or Military Engineer each time you train one
Konstanty Ostrogski-Field Hetman- Receive a second Pikeman each time you train one. Receive Cossacks as a second unique unit.
Stanislaw Potocki-Rotmistrz-Receive a second knight or Winged Hussar each time you train one

Radziwill Cities
Vilnius
Trakai
Nesvyžius
Kėdainiai
Biržai
Dubingiai
Minsk
Naugardukas
Vitebskas
Daugavpils
Potocki Cities
Kraków
Potok
Lublin
Lviv
Warsaw
Częstochowa
Sandomierz
Przemyśl
Chełm
Brześć Litewski
Ostrogski Cities
Ostroh
Korets
Zaslav
Rivne
Zhytomyr
Kiev
Braclaw
Trembowla
Kamieniec Podolski
Ołyka

Attachments

• Konstanty Ostrogski selection screen.jpg
    Konstanty Ostrogski selection screen.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Mikolaj Radziwill selection screen.jpg
    Mikolaj Radziwill selection screen.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Stanislaw Potocki selection screen.jpg
    Stanislaw Potocki selection screen.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
All three leaders share the same Civ ability (Golden Liberty, like Poland in the regular game), the leader abilities are:
Mikolaj Radziwill- Nesvizh Castle-Receives a second builder or Military Engineer each time you train one
Konstanty Ostrogski-Field Hetman- Receive a second Pikeman each time you train one. Receive Cossacks as a second unique unit.
Stanislaw Potocki-Rotmistrz-Receive a second knight or Winged Hussar each time you train one

Radziwill Cities
Vilnius
Trakai
Nesvyžius
Kėdainiai
Biržai
Dubingiai
Minsk
Naugardukas
Vitebskas
Daugavpils
Potocki Cities
Kraków
Potok
Lublin
Lviv
Warsaw
Częstochowa
Sandomierz
Przemyśl
Chełm
Brześć Litewski
Ostrogski Cities
Ostroh
Korets
Zaslav
Rivne
Zhytomyr
Kiev
Braclaw
Trembowla
Kamieniec Podolski
Ołyka

I would show you pictures of the flags, but I have no clue how to insert images here, used to be so much easier before.

I played using all of these and the double hussars is definitely strongest and double workers/engineers is definitely the weakest. I didn't even use the cossacks in my game as I never made it to them.

Top Bottom