New Civ Thread: list of new civ modpacks

you should add the canada one it rocks balls

whoops, tought i had it but, well...

Canada mod added

For your information, i will try to add a Supercivs mod (with all the new civ). If someone dosen't want his own civ to be include, just say so.

at the moment, i add Bretagne, Celts and Carthage...

next will be Canada, Netherlands i think (the most advanced in my opinion)

Maybe in the effort to keep it simple you could do regional mini CivPaks? Group together new Civs in smallish (2-5) paks.

For my personal use I have the Celts, The Netherlands, Carthage, and the Turks grouped in a custom mod. It wasn't too hard once I got the hang of what files needed manipulation and what ones didn't. Hopefully someone will come up with a program or utility to add them together simpler.

I hope this reply is not too much off-topic. However what I like is to combine several mods (including this one ... since I'm dutch I like to play with them too) but I also want to incorporate other mods.

However I see in the discussions there are two 'types'... real mods and sort of 'overriding' files. So I have a few questions:
- Can only 1 mod be used at the same time? (i.e. can I select multiple mods to use?)
- Can I combine (with possibly having to merge code) several mods together into one new one?
- Can I combine mods with overriding files and play with it?
- Has someone experience with combining files?

Michel Keijzers said:
- Can only 1 mod be used at the same time? (i.e. can I select multiple mods to use?)

not without combing them, as far as I can tell.. 1 mod at a time if they are seperate

Michel Keijzers said:
- Can I combine (with possibly having to merge code) several mods together into one new one?

yes, that is completely possible

Michel Keijzers said:
- Can I combine mods with overriding files and play with it?

yes, I can also verify this, at least with the ones I have looked at

Michel Keijzers said:
- Has someone experience with combining files?

I have combined several of mine

Thanks for all the answers Tactician Zhao.

Since there are so many interesting mods it would be interesting to have a sort of merge tool. The most problematic is probably the event file ... some are using a derived class and some are using a changed original version. Howver some derived classes call some base class code and some not ... not sure what the difference is and if it affects combining problems.

However before I want to spend time on combining them, I would like to check if there is a simpler way ... it would be not nice if every time on of the mods changed the complete merge procedure needs to be redone ... unless it is automated in some way.

(I'm a software engineer and I know there are versioning tools able to merge code ... seems appropriate to use such software but in a simpler way).

i advice you to just see the new picture of my Bretagne mod
it explains why i didn't took time to add the Nederlands yet...

I will wait to see if it work properly...
Just adding civ is not that complicated and boring, not even long....

/bump

Will someone add Mesopotamia? They were practically the founders of civilization.

Why no Israel, too? They founded Judaism.

thescaryworker said:
Will someone add Mesopotamia? They were practically the founders of civilization.

You can try to do it if it's an emergency, else you just have to wait for someone to do it once people will have done their "heartciv"

thescaryworker said:
Why no Israel, too? They founded Judaism.

Buzzz, wrong question
always read previous post, particulary the first one!!!

Top Bottom