new civ2 demogame idea

zmei-gorynych

Chieftain
what about starting a scenario demogame, say wwii, and have some ppl be germans, some allies, some russians, etc... We can easily win on single player, lets try to match wits against each other. Also if any of us are any good at making webpages, we could have one with a real map of europe, and show how the progress of the war is going. A newspaper for this war would be fun too. Tell me if u like this idea.

Good thinking. I pondered suggesting a scenario as well.

However, people have already suggested a multiplayer Democracy game, but the problem is that the game would have to rotate among the participating teams each turn. The consensus was that process of playing turns would drag out far too long. It's like the worst of PBEMs combined with the worst of the Demo game.

That doesn't even begin to address things like strategies and battle plans being discussed on open forums for all opponents to see.

since its a scenario our civs are already built up. Every turn would be filled with management desicions. And while one nation is moving, another one would discuss thenext turn. In a game like wwii we dont have to have all 7 nations. 3 is enough, so we could probably get in a couple turns a week. Also in civ3 already there are several pbem demogames going, and they dont even have scenarios like we do.

I think we should try that.

I don't think there's really enough of us to do a multiplayer demogame. We would have one of two problems also:

If we do it PBEM style, then the game would last years if we played a turn a day (e.g the new multisite CivIII demogame is set to last two years as there's more than 500 turns, 8 teams, and each team must make a move within 4 hours). We don't want people to get bored and drop out.

Playing it multiplayer-style causes problems with finding a time everyone can play, especially since we are spread across lots of timezones (from California to Australasia).

Great idea, but I think we are better working as one team.

multi-player is a good thought, and there are multi-player demo games in existence, at GameCatcher if not here or at Appolyton. I like that this particular game has remained single player so that people have a choice about which type of demo game they can join.

as for a scenario, I would be up for that :)

Scenario or not doesn't make a big difference to me. I do however think this game should remain a "single player" demogame. As Leowind said there are already an mp demogame about to start up on GC and I'd like to be able to play both forms.

Very game has it's place.Like Leowind said ,there is a multiplayer civII and CivIII demo game.And there may be more ,because there are multiple forum's that are playing demo games.

I very much like the scenario idea though ,and we should keep a poll on it.

Top Bottom