1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New civics

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by AdelineJ, Jan 13, 2013.

1. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

I think I try anything : self.TEXT_MARGIN = 15 doesn't correspond to size of the text at right to marge :
    This is the screenshots with self.TEXT_MARGIN = 5 and self.TEXT_MARGIN = 16 :

Attached Files:

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

...uh...you should not have to change anything in that screen. It should work by default.

3. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

No, I want the smallest comments...

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

self.TEXT_MARGIN changes the distance between the lines, not the size of the text ;).
    But sadly I have no idea how to change the text size :sad:.

5. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord

Who has he/she written the file? Is it possible to write to him/her a personnal message and to ask to him/her it?

6. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

There should be lines in there that use a "screen.setTextAt" function, ot something very similar. The text it is using probably includes text that looks like this: "u"<font=3>" + item + u"</font>"

That font specification is the size. It it isn't "3", try "3". Or perhaps just 1 less that whatever it is using. Then fire it up and make sure you are messing with the right text. (I think the heading should be font size 4 and the rest size 3.)

I think the Civics screen used by Caveman 2 Cosmos is essentially this one, but probably with some tweaks. If so, the name of the function for doing the right hand column's information about each civic would be the "drawHelpText" function with the main text for that part of the display being down in an 8 line section that starts with the line which says "szHelpText = CyGameTextMgr().parseCivicInfo(iCivic, False, True, True)", give or take any adjustments that were done to it.

7. AdelineJ

AdelineJ Warlord