New Civilizations

Corey

Prince
I would like to Firaxis put the Serbian as new Civilization and the leader would be Dusan silni.If they puted Russia as civ. the coud also put Serbia!!!Thats from for now...

Not to undermine the importance of Serbia, but Russia happens to be one of the most influental civs in later Europe... More civs would be nice, though...

I don't think that you can really compare the historic contribution of two countries, but you have to agree that russia is more important then serbia.

I was going to say peru but the incas are in already. What well known non-eruo civs are there that have not been include?

How can you tell that Serbia wasn't important civ.Remember times of Bysanty(I hope I spelled it correctly) and I mentioned Russia because she's not a civilization she's part of very big civilization called Slovenians.That's from fe for now.

I've never heard of Serbia, but i heard about a country named Slovenia or something like that and that's it. But then again I'm only a 9th grade student.

I would like to see some non-european nations added.

A couple from Africa, Asia and maybe a Polynesian culture.

Please add a SE Asian culture or a few, no one ever adds nations from that region, and it gets so annoying, since they have lots of decent empires. ie. Indonesia/Mahajaphit/Mataram/Sri Vijaya, Thailand/Siam, Khmer Empire. South Asia is finally gaining more and more recognition in games, and its time for her decendant cultures to gain a little fame too. Okay Thailand isn't from Indian culture, but the other two are.

Also African, European civs should be organized by region ie,
East Africa: Ethiopia, Numbia,Swahili
North: Carthage, Egypt
South: Kongo, Grand Zimbabawe (Zulu), Xhosa
West: Songhai, Mali, Ghana, Ashanti, Dahomey

Basically the civs leading in their region should be in the game. Africa could use that system the most. Asia bassically had it until they added the Hittites, and Byzantium.

But for Eastern Europe, you got to give the first seat to Russia obviously. Then to Poland (in 1600's they had a hige empire), Austria-Hungary, and then your pick. Byzantium if you believe them as European over Turkey based. I would agree that Serbia would be next important.

Polish would be good. Their UU could be Husaria (replaces Knights) with 4/4/2 stats (cost 70, req Horses and Iron.)

Where is Serbia? (Sounds like Siberia) And what is its contribution to history that merits its inclusion?

Serbia =~ Yugoslavia/Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia/Macedonia

Serbia does not nearly have enough historical significance to be included in Civ 4. Honestly, I think Firaxis did a very good job with choosing civs. Some were blatantly left out, but, with maybe one or two exceptions, only these civs are really missing:

The Hebrews
Mali OR Songhai (The problem with these is that, even more than Babylon and Sumeria, they shared the same cities at different historical points. Ghana falls into the same category, but was less significant.)
Abyssinia/Axum/Ethiopia
Polynesia (Sort of iffy)
Tibet
Khmer

Originally posted by EddyG17
I've never heard of Serbia, but if heard about a country named Slovenia or something like that and that's it. But then again I'm only a 9th grade student.

Look on Yugoslavia!!!

I can't see Dalmacia/Servia/ex-Yugoslavia as a potencial cIV Civ.

Put Poland, I can see them

Is it 'Put' or 'But' Zenon?

I dont think that the serbs are a importiant civlilization because they have not a large culture and a great history.Russia has a very great history (remember the Cold war)and he is the bigest nation today
There are more importiant Civilizations or there shuld be that what you caled Slovenia and not serbia

Other civs wuld be:
Bantu
Nubia
Lakota or native america (had from Rise of Nations)
The ancient Macedonians
Venice
Austria or Austro-Hungaria
Sweden
Denemark
Scotland
Nigeria etc.

Civs I would really like to see (or at least civs that are similar to these):
- Songhai
- Ethiopia
- Khmer
- some civ from Pacific area (possibly Indonesia, like from TETurkhan's Test of Time scenario)

Tibet and another Native North American civ, like Sioux or Apache, would also be very nice.

I would also like to see Poland, and Austria as an "official" civ, although the civs above would be better.
Other than these, plus the civs already in Civ 3, I can't think of any other good ideas. In fact, there are a few civs in Civ 3 I think are much less deserving of being in the game than the ones I'd like to see (such as Sumeria and Hatti).

Top Bottom