Civilization games like Civilization 6 even especially possible future upcoming Civilization 7

James94

Chieftain
Civilization games like Civilization 6 even especially possible future upcoming Civilization 7 should learn from Mohawk Game's Old World civilization type game in having multigenerational(dynasty/dynasties) character aging. But in very extremely complex very extremely in-depth detailed gradual aging.
paul-edwards-promo-ow-01.jpg

And the Civilization's traditional immortal characters should be kept with the various individual civilizations individual pantheon's individual dieties goddesses and gods.

That seems like a massive amount of resource on what would essentially be a cosmetic feature that run the risk of alienating a large number of fans who are quite attached to their immortal leaders.

Not to mention that many civilization do not have individual pantheon and goddess and gods, and that many civilization have individual pantheons and goddess and gods that are still worshipped today and thus should not be lightly represented in the game just because we can.

Using pantheon gods as the immortal figures would work well for a game like Old World which is set in a time period where most religions practiced today are extinct (revivals being modern fanfiction of the original religion at best), but not so much in a game like civ where much more modern civilizations are expected.

I don't this would be a good idea. I don’t like roleplaying as characters in strategy games. That’s why Old World and Crusader Kings don’t appeal to me. I prefer to play as the state itself, like how Civ does it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom