New Civs in a hypothetical new pack.

Which new civs would you like to see added, if there is more content coming?

• Assyria

Votes: 49 64.5%
  • Australian Aboriginal Peoples

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Berbers

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Canadian First Nations Tribe

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Goths

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Haiti

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • Huns

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 55 72.4%
  • Israelites

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Papal States

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Venice

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Austria

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Mojave

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Afghanistan

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Navajo

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Siam

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Mexico

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
On the list: Canadian First Nations (Haida or Tlingit), Iroquious, Italy, Navajo

Off the list: Hawaii, Burma, Finland, Swahili, Morocco

Apart from Ethiopia? I think Africa could definitely do with more representation, probably southern and eastern are good shouts. Any examples?

A bit late but I noticed that, as far as I can see, their weren't many if any replies to this so I figured I'd mention a few if you were still wanting to know some notable Southern and Eastern African options.

I saw you added Zimbabwe so I personally am quite grateful for that, thank you! An easy additional vote from me!

Some of the Eastern African examples that I've seen requested a few times include the Swahili, Somalia, Buganda, and Madagascar.

Anyone more knowledgeable is welcome to chime in but I haven't seen too many Southern African options apart from South Africa. I'd personally mention Botswana as my modern Southern African nation of choice.

For a Canadian Native Tribe, I would like to volunteer either the Metis under Louis Riel or the Haida under Charles Edenshaw.
Metis is a very interesting culture to appear as civ cuz of its mix race origin that adopted more indigenous traditions; another interesting First Nation could be the Dene under Thanadeltur, Dene and the Cree had interesting relationship throug their history before and during colonial times.

Metis is a very interesting culture to appear as civ cuz of its mix race origin that adopted more indigenous traditions; another interesting First Nation could be the Dene under Thanadeltur, Dene and the Cree had interesting relationship throug their history before and during colonial times.
Never heard of those guys before, though they sound interesting.

Never heard of those guys before, though they sound interesting.
Also they speak an Athabaskan language, which is part of the same language group as the Navajo and Apache. The Dene ended up staying in present day Canada while the others continued to migrate down toward the present day SW U.S.

Finland with: Insane forest defense bonuses, sauna as unique tile-improvements with massive food and culture yields, Mannerheim as their leader giving a diplomacy bonus and their unique unit should be an infantry unit with attack bonuses in tundra/snow and defense bonuses in woods. Music theme: Säkkijärven Polka

I voted Navajo, Iroquois, Venice, Austria, and Huns.

From outside the list I would like to see Coast Salish.

For the Huns I would love to see a land based start similar to what Kupe gets for the sea. A civ that gains science and culture before settling. Perhaps instead of a settler the huns get a horse based caravan unit that has increased movement, and that can create a nomad outpost (similar to barbarian clan mode) this nomad outpost would spawn a unique horseman and eventually become a city (using mechanics similar to barbarian clan mode), you could use your horseman unit to defend existing outposts or to create a new one. The more outposts you have the slower the horsemen spawn. Cities that arise from outposts no longer count as outposts but the huns would not be able to build settlers or the outpost forming horsemen unit. Eventually the huns would only be able to capture cities as the nomadic unit would eventually become obsolete. The huns special ability could be that captured cities retain their founding culture and could continue to build the special building or unit of that base civ but only within the borders of cities that started with that culture. Perhaps as a semi nomadic tribe the huns would not be able to build districts of a given type until capturing a city containing that district. The exception might be the government districts, and perhaps the encampment. Obviously lots to flesh out but it would be a different play style.

Top Bottom