New constants needed for different map sizes

We've all see the usual numbers (x plots from your capital, y% of world territory controlled), but it's impossible sometimes with larger or smaller maps. E.g. Persian cannot possibly control 8% of world territory in a huge map currently (but probably easier to do in a standard map), while Russia currently would not be able to found 5 distant landlocked colonies even on a huge map, much less a standard map. Also, on a huge map, there may be more than 10 oils around, but less than 10 on a standard map. Turkey's goal is even more elusive--what if there were less than 4 landmasses on a standard map that can support 3 cities each?

So I think Rhye should make the criteria different based on the size of the maps (maybe 3 different victory.py files) AFTER he fixes the UHV criteria that are faulty currently, and AFTER he gives us more stone and marble! (Of course, all this after he has a great time in Japan):lol:

Personally I think there are so many problems related to map size that Rhye should remove the option completely and concentrate on balancing a single RFC-sized map.

i like being able to have different map sizes, thats one of my favorite features.

However, i am willing to accept this if the other sizes are placed in when the "first one" is perfected. I hate it when i push enter and it takes 5 mins before the next turn and i have decent specs.

What i would really like is i noticed a loading screen says something about "This map is based on robinsons build" - i would prefer it to be based "on solvers build".

I don't know a perfect solution, but i think solvers 3.17 patch gives a more balanced map and resource distribution should take into account the resources placed on mountains - and for early civ's, the resources placed under jungle tiles.

Also, i noticed that with exception of the new world, india - babylon - egypt - china seem to get all the tribal villages. Is there something that can be done, such as tribal villages being reduced on the initial map spawn, then as a civ spawns, a few tribal villages pop up near it?

Well, off topic, but being first to spawn (and also fewer premade buildings with settlers), it's only fair that the early civs get all the tribal villages. Some of the UHV (like the Indian founding religions one) depend on having enough cash and occasionally getting free techs.

Top Bottom