[NFP] New Districts For Civ 7

- Prophets have the unique ability to found a Holy Site and its corresponding Religion. Then each religion have its how unique Wonder-like Holy City district with fitting buildings, for example Catholic can have Monastery, Basilica, Cathedral, still some of these could be equivalent to others religions but would have their visual unique styles.
- Also when you have an Official religion you can replace City Center's Temples with the unique equivalent like Shiite Mosques or Catholic Cathedrals.
I'm all for historical accuracy when it comes to different things, but I'd also love to customize my religion. Which means I'd rather not be forced to only having the ability to build a cathedral if I found Catholicism, or a mosque if I only found Islam.
Sometimes I just want to be Jewish and build my Wats for science. :p

I'm all for historical accuracy when it comes to different things, but I'd also love to customize my religion. Which means I'd rather not be forced to only having the ability to build a cathedral if I found Catholicism, or a mosque if I only found Islam.
Sometimes I just want to be Jewish and build my Wats for science. :p
I don't think you have to interpret BuchiTaton's idea as proposing only cathedrals for Christianity, etc. Especially since some religions don't necessarily have specific worship buildings, some religions share them, and I doubt we'll lose custom religions because memes.

I kind of feel like maybe tourism should be moved over to the economy anyway. Sure, once upon a time "tourism," so to speak, may have been motivated by culture--maybe you were going on pilgrimage or you're a young gentleman going on the European tour--but what we think of tourism now is chiefly a commercial exercise. We should find something new for the culture victory.
Tourism could have a base Gold yield but mainly be designed as an common boosting mechanic. The Touristic Resort would produce:
- Bonus to the base yield of Arts Square, Commercial Hub, Entertainment Complex, and Holy Site when next ot them.
- Amenities from be next to Tropical Sea, Jungles and Mountains, double if also have resources like Coral Reefs or Elephants.
- Bonus to own yields when next to an Airport.
- Bonus to both own and Wonders yields when next to them.

The Chunnel - To travel to another continent in one or two turns which is 10-15 hexes away

I hope this isn't the case, given that most TSL maps I can recall have represented the Channel as one tile in width. The airlift function in Civ VI is pretty much on par with Huxley's rockets from Brave New World.

As for urbanization, well, there's a lot to balance. On the one hand, I favor the City Lights mod for expanding the urban core and its functionality/specialization. On the other, representing most modern cities would require duplicate districts under the current design. I probably have a high tolerance for urban presence on the map.

I don't know how I feel about having to build just generic districts, which can put any building inside.
On one hand it makes sense considering there are places like Greek agoras which were home to both temples, markets etc. On the other hand it would mean taking away the possiblility of more unique infrastructure from other civs, such as unique Holy Sites, Campuses, Commercial Hubs etc.
The alternative could be something to where Korea could also build a shrine building in their unique Seowon district, without needing a Holy Site, making unique districts even more unique.
> CALPULLI, Aztec unique district that could be build in lake tiles.
Its buildings include Farm (Chinampa), Barracks (Telpochcalli) and Shrine (Teocalli).

> WITZOB, Maya unique district with free upgrades when build next to a Natural Wonder.
Its buildings are Library (Observatory), Arena (Ballcourt) and Temple (Pyramid).

Top Bottom