1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

new faction/leader civilopedia entries?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by GenyaArikado, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

official explanation? I thought the official explanation was there isn't one. :confused: I don't mind being enlightened but if this is just what you think it is than it isn't official.;)

and I have read all the beyond-civilopedia entries but its been a long time so I may have forgotten a few things.

Edit: well its sort of official? not really its just what they (the devs) think of it, but they deliberately didn't make it official, none of it is in the game. the player is encourages by the vagueness to make their own version. I'm pretty sure that if china ruined the world that special dialogue would exist at least in RT.

hey PAC you gonna nuke everyone again? whats that no nukes? oh so I guess you just get to ruin a planate and 4 generations and we just let it slide, totally.

2. lilgamefreek

lilgamefreek Warlord

The Inflection Point is very different from the Great Mistake. The Great Mistake was an international catastrophe committed centuries before the Seeding by countries close to our current political climate. The Inflection Point refers to a specific Event Horizon where the people of Earth would no longer have the material resources to achieve escape velocity from the planet and thus severely limit off-world colonization. The Inflection Point's discovery occurs after the Dark Ages from the Great Mistake and spurs humanity's seeding efforts as a way to continue the human race. The Inflection Point itself occurs/will occur after the Seeding at an unknown time.

The Inflection Point is not very often mentioned in Vanilla Beyond earth. Maybe only twice in the leader/faction civilopedia entries, and only a handful of times in the rest of the game. It's better explained in outside sources such as blog entries, interviews, and panels. I did notice a far more conscious effort to mention the inflection point in the expansion leader/faction entries for some reason.