New Forum Feature: Expand/Contract Posts!

I've found it really handy for threads that have images in them. That way once you see it, it contracts the post and you don't have to have the image load everytime you revisit the thread.

The only drawback it seems to have is if someone edits a previous post. With it being collapsed, you'll never know.

Now you should be able to see the first line of a post when its contracted. :)

Originally posted by starlifter
by PH76:
There is a lot of truth in what you say, and in fact if Netscape were so dominant in the important Browser market (even though NS has no Monopoly power like MS does), I would (and did when they were) extol the virtues of relative competition. It might be a good thread in OT sometime :).
I guess the main purpose of this feature is to let you read long threads easier... by reducing the amount of scrolling.

btw, the feature may work on Netscape 6.#.

this is this best hack i have seen the most bost util to win time !!!!

by TF:

I guess the main purpose of this feature is to let you read long threads easier... by reducing the amount of scrolling.

btw, the feature may work on Netscape 6.#.

Yes, the feature really is a good one. Its just that I'm pretty familiar with a lot of underlying tech isues and lawsuites that relate to the development end in the software industry... and the end result is the classic case of MS getting developers to come on board using special "tools" and libraries and HTMxx extensions that exclude other browsers. They did it to Digital Research (DR DOS), IBM (OS/2 Warp), Netscape, and lots of far lesser known cases.... and what should uspet people is that MS does not even give "us" the best OS available at any given point in history... I could really go on, but its not the right place.

The feature does not work in Netscape 4.7x, or Netscape 6.2x that I can tell (under Win95 OSR2.1). It works fine in MS IE 5.01, however. Have not booted into other OSs to test it.... but the features you add are really great.... the good thing about this one is that it stays relatively unobtrusive if someone chooses not to use it in MS IE.

I like the way the summaries on contracted lines work, but it's back to NS. Might have to install the latest Opera to see if it works.

TF, PLEASE RESTORE the Profile line to the top, we tried this awhile back, and it's confusing on the bottom, the human mind is trained to go top to bottom in English, this way is CONFUSING. :crazyeye:

Also several of us forget that the layout has changed so we end up quoting the wrong person...:(

Top Bottom