New Launcher is awful

Ever since this launcher was foisted off on me my game crashes within a few turns! It's maddening! Is there any way to get rid of the thing?

Is that why my game had been crashing constantly? I've enjoyed a period of impressive stability up to now...

I'd tolerate a new launcher, if it worked properly. For me, I can hardly even play the game, because the launcher refuses to open. Clicking on Civ 6 is now always a gamble.

Many thanks @Kwami , I will definitely try this out! I don't necessarily hate launchers (tho I resent the extra time to get into the game they invariably cause) but when they crash my game and when I see that there's at least FIVE instances of the stupid launcher running when I open my task manager... I get a little livid. This was really poorly done.

...I see that there's at least FIVE instances of the stupid launcher running when I open my task manager......

Is that what's happening? I saw that too, but I didn't understand what was happening there.

Holy site, Firaxis, fix your QA. This doesn't happen with any other game.

Holy site, Firaxis, fix your QA. This doesn't happen with any other game.
It's actually 2K who has the launcher, so you'll have to ask them that. :p

Pardon my ignorance but what purpose do they serve? Just a platform for ads or is there some actual reason? Seems like a waste of programming time even if there weren't any issues

My game just froze again, so apparently this wasn't my problem.

What is this new launcher people are talking about? When did it happen? I've uninstalled the game due to work so I can't check it myself.

Is it no longer the launcher showing Xcom and Chimera Squad?

For most of us, there's a new 2K launcher that looks completely different.

It also flat out doesn't work sometimes. Fun :p

There was another update yesterday of ~70MB. Did they fix the new launcher?

There was another update yesterday of ~70MB. Did they fix the new launcher?
This was on Twitter yesterday:

Firaxis Games Retweeted

Sid Meier's Civilization
@CivGame

Launcher Update: We just released an update that addresses many of the launcher issues and are continuing to track down remaining ones. We are working around the clock to fix all of these issues and get everyone back to uninterrupted gaming! Thanks for bearing with us.

9:31 PM · Apr 13, 2021·Twitter Web App

I just downloaded new updated. Moments into my game I am now having my first freezing/crashing problems.

Looks like I"ll be checking out that "bypass launcher" thread.

Top Bottom