New map graphics (such as city sets) for the Civ3 Future project

Nothing new to post yet, but I wanted my #70000 post to be in the civ3 forum ^^
How time flies... I actually remember my first steps here, trying to create some map gfx. I even recall an early comment on the second ever graphic I presented: "It is hugely better than the first!" (had to do mostly with how the first was :lol: ).
Anyway, glad that many of us are still in this civ3 forum!

This is a very early sketch on a possible viking set:

1677718440582.png

...interesting, I prefer the darker materials as in Post# 29 above. Perhaps just me, I see the varied dark tones and textures adding more realism.
I agree. However I also like the lighter colored one shown in post 31. There are some scenarios and terrain sets that look better with the lighter color tones and vice versa. I think there should be options for both and let the player/content creator decide. :)

Moff Jerjerrod... I also agree with you there for personal preferences... just basically also influenced by the old Stave Churches in Medieval Europe architecture and surrounding structures.

The impressive thing with this set is that literally none of the buildings or textures look good. Even the form (placement) can use a lot of work (the small houses take the cake; couldn't have been more uninspired).
So I am not sure when it will be complete.

1685297432752.png

Barbarocene period sucks :)

The small city size in my eyes is o.k. For the bigger city size, what´s about placing the church in the front and the long house with the green roof in the back? The additional house on the right side becomes superfluos.

The small city size in my eyes is o.k. For the bigger city size, what´s about placing the church in the front and the long house with the green roof in the back? The additional house on the right side becomes superfluos.
I would agree with Civinator.

According to this article "churches were established as small square buildings in the center of a circular churchyard." Also Longhouses probably would have a kind of preferred orientation either due to geography (like cliffs or shore) or local weather conditions (wind). Leaving a bit more space between buildings might also bei reasonable when you have your lifestock around.

Top Bottom