New members - getting to know each-other

Yay! Welcome, slaze! Awesome that you joined us :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone,

I just joined and I'm new to pit boss games (and multiplayer games), so I might need help with what to expect from other human teams.

I do have a lot of experience playing against the AI and in SGOTM and enjoy looking at the details i.e. how to maximize the outcome from various wonders/techs paths/micromanagement.

Hey bcool, welcome to the team and have a fun and pleasant stay :) Also welcome to the wonder world of MP where everything is possible :D

I might need help with what to expect from other human teams.
We have some very experienced MP veterans over here, so you wont lack mentors about this :)

I do have a lot of experience playing against the AI and in SGOTM and enjoy looking at the details i.e. how to maximize the outcome from various wonders/techs paths/micromanagement.
I think we can use your skills with great success. I myself most of the time play by intuition and gut feelings and can use some deep analyzes and arguments from a proven master like you.

Whoops didn't see this thread.

I have experience in previous MTDGs, as admin and as a player, and in previous CFC ISDGs (still remember the Joker incident...). As far as Civ goes, I started playing Civ II at like eight years old, and moved up to III and IV when they came out. I haven't played Civ V since my laptop couldn't run the demo, but it sounds like I dodged a bullet there.

I haven't played much multiplayer otherwise, sticking to Monarch and Prince difficulties (in Civ III and Civ IV, respectively). I am horrible at remembering to whip or chopping effectively, and only recently learned to run two scientists after writing at a food-rich location for an early academy. :lol: So I won't be useful for all those number crunchings.

One thing I read that is relevant to us here is over at Sullla's site. He and Speaker also played India in a pitboss game (albeit with Elizabeth instead). Perhaps their early game moves might prove true here as well? And it might give us more insight to how RB might play. Here's the link to the game at his site. It is a long read but I found it entertaining, along with his other Demogame and single-player games.

Otherwise, nice to see some familiar faces and look forward to getting to know the new ones. :D

Hiya. The name is Peter. I got in here through Caledorn, who I know IRL.

I've been playing lots of civ2 in my younger years, which highly annoyed my brother, that found it utterly boring. I've been playing civ4 since... I don't know when, but the last years I have played a revolution-mod with my friend. I usually tend to play on Monarch/emperor, thou on marathon speed.

Professionally I'm a math and nat.sci-teacher, so I love logics and counting :)

1. I never applied to any other teams and I've barely heard about them before resently.
2. I do intend to be an ACTIVE participant on this team (at least between teaching-sessions)
3. I like nukes and espionage, so RB is not my cup of tea.

Hello all, been away from the boards for a while but couldn't stay away from Civ forever. Glad I got in early on this game, its hard to feel like part of the team when you join 18 months late. Getting cought up for right now then will see where I can contribute although I especially like the later game.

I currently have active Diplo games at several other sites but for an ISDG CFC is the only place I want to be.

Hello all, been away from the boards for a while but couldn't stay away from Civ forever. Glad I got in early on this game, its hard to feel like part of the team when you join 18 months late. Getting cought up for right now then will see where I can contribute although I especially like the later game.

I currently have active Diplo games at several other sites but for an ISDG CFC is the only place I want to be.

Welcome home and welcome to the team :)

Thanks Metraninja, not many other people I know here anymore.

Welcome to the team :)

Hi Maga, welcome to the team! Check out the demo-hacking thread for an analytical take on the game. I'll start putting screenshots of the ep data in there for you to give us the production numbers when you're not too busy with rl.

Hi Maga, welcome to the team! Check out the demo-hacking thread for an analytical take on the game. I'll start putting screenshots of the ep data in there for you to give us the production numbers when you're not too busy with rl.

Hello guys :)

Yossarian, I will a have a look at the production screens - I have no idea the game is so advanced already, I am going through the threads to be up to date, but it will take me a couple days to get there. Seems very exciting already!

Hi all!

Recently a few weeks ago I was invited by 2metraninja to join this demogame. But then my computer broke down, work was hectic, and all in all it has taken some time to get back up again.

Now everything is mostly under control, so I hope to partake and maybe actually contribute something to this team. :)

Ever since I learned to press 1-4-1 when starting it, I've played way to much Civ1, 2, 3 and 4 for my own good. I joined CFC's 3rd CivIII Demogame once upon a time, and the demogames were mostly why I visited CFC for a while. I was also part of CFC's team in the first Intersite Demogame.

Unfortunately, I'm way more busy now than what I was in the previous demogames, so I'm not sure how much time I can spare for it. I'll do my best to keep up to date however, and hopefully I'll have something smart to say from time to time.

Welcome, Cheetah! Glad to have such a true veteran and CFCer in Team CFC. Traditions are good thing. Feel free to read when you can and dont be afraid to comment, ideas/opinions are always welcome.

Top Bottom