New need help!!!!!!

Reaper920102

Chieftain
Well im new to the civ games and i started playing civ 3 today. I played as the germans and i stopped playing around year 2000 and i wasnt that far along in the tech tree. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on ho to get my tech tree evolved faster. Thanks.

Welcome to CFC, Reaper!

The easiest way to get good advice is to post a save. We've got some outstanding players here, and that lets them see exactly what's going on. Without more information, it's hard to say what the problem is. With that said, here are some of the common problems for new players:
  • Too few workers;
  • Too few roads;
  • Ineffective trading;
  • Too many unnecessary structures;
  • Defensive units that are not doing any good.

Welcome.

To addition to the excellent points Aabra made, I would add poor choice of research; try to research techs that the AI doesn't have and then trade them for techs that you lack. When doing so, note tech disparity between AI civs; it is often possible to trade your unknown tech for one that is unknown to a third party, thus giving you more trading opportunities. In the right circumstances it can be possible to secure several techs this way in just one round of trading.

please post a save so we can help (i know it was previously said but it is really important so we can see your gameplay) :)

Greetings and welcome Reaper,

It's pretty hard to know where to jump in, just off the top of my head things that affect Research and gaining Techs are the Research Slider, City Improvements, Scientists, Trading, Great Wonders, Scientific Tribal Trait.

Figuring out trading and trading reputation is big on my list right now. It's another one of those things you just have to learn to keep up with. Get early contact with as many AI tribes as you can and keep aware of opportunities to trade for techs and gold per turn to slow their research.

Not far along in the tech tree eh? try increasing your science slider if you haven't already.

Thanks for the ideas everyone but i sorta figured some of it out. I was running over the americans with panzers around 1840 or so it made me feel better haha thanx again for the help

make sure you know how to use arty too, look it up in the war academy. you won't lose nearly as many units, just make sure you have them defended
you can run over 4 or 5 well defended metros a turn if you build enough offence :D
PLEASE POST A SAVE SO WE CAN SEE YOUR TENDENCIES AND HELP YOU BETTER!!! :D

Top Bottom