1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New pitboss

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by 2metraninja, May 16, 2014.

1. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

2metra, thanks for warning me!

Since the Dutch soccer team won, can I take them? Can I be... Justinian of the Dutch?

2. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

The map is almost done and once the last picks are in I can edit in your leaders/civs too, probably within 24h. Who shall I send it to when it's finished?

3. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I will be Elizabeth of Spain.

4. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Well that's everyone then. What happens now? Perhaps I should have asked this earlier but isn't there something you can download to find out when a turn changes or something?

5. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

Map is done, I just need to know who to send it to.

Here are some facts I'm telling you about the map.

* I have set the difficulty to PRINCE.
    * Players are split across several continents.
    * You might find some ice floes a bit too near the equator and be confused. Don't worry! These are funny-looking reefs, not ice. I promise.
    * The map tiles were mostly made by a script, but I also made a lot of tweaks to the initial map. I hope you find the balance of natural randomness and fairer starts to be to your liking. With a little diplomacy I'm sure anyone has a chance!

6. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

It will need a name: like cfc pitboss 34 or whatever or a name like 14 snakes or ninja snakepit.

Someone will load the game on to Civstats.com ( that's where you should look to check progress). It will appear at the bottom of the list and move up over time. You will see when a new year is due and who is yet to play.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cope with unrestricted leaders so it lists the teams under their civilization: so Classical hero will appear as Isabella of Spain and not as Elizabeth of Spain.

7. OT4E

OT4E Warlord

14 ninjas sounds nice :)

8. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Chieftain

I was also going to ask about any Mod I needed as I have never played an MP Game where I was other than a normal leader of the Civ I chose.

9. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

You never took a look at the game options?

10. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

:) 14 ninjas would had been nice indeed. I was watching Gladiator (for N-th time) on the TV this evening and there the slave trader said to Proximo: "Some are good at fighting and some are good for dying - you need both!" lol

11. 2metraninja

Thanks Seven for the efforts you made. Are you willing to be our admin? Hopefully there will be not much job for such in the game.

I contacted Caledorn and I am waiting to hear back from him about the hosting.

12. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

I can admin the game if you all agree to these rules:

* I won't be following the game closely. If there is a dispute you want a ruling on, you need to let me know and at least point me to the relevant information.

* If I'm asked for a decision and provide one, accept it and do not argue with it. Some things do not go the way you wish. Breathe deeply and accept this. It's OK.

* Remember this: if there is a dispute there are 2 sides involved with conflicting goals. One side or both are not going to be completely satisfied; that is a mathematical fact. If you hope to always be satisfied with the outcome of a dispute, you are going to find yourself angry and disappointed. Please expect to be unhappy with the outcome at least half the time. Many disputes can be resolved without the need for an admin just by one side saying "Hey, this sucks for both of us. It might not be totally fair for me, but I'm willing to take the hit here and move on." You are all adults or capable of acting like adults. You can do this.

* Remember this too: This is a game among friends, broad as that definition might be stretched. The goal is for EVERYONE to have a good time. Please try to look out for the happiness of your fellow players (and your admin) and be a friend to them.

13. Cristoval

Cristoval Warlord

^sounds good.

14. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

Map is sent off to your host!

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, I randomized which player is in which location after balancing locations. And as for who gets to be near the top of the player list when you are logging in, I put you in backwards order of the snake pick. (Being near the top of the list is a very small in-game advantage in some cases, when it comes to foreign trade routes. But don't worry about it. Anyway, this is why I put the people with the bad snake pick positions at the top.)

15. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Awesome. Anyone know a rough start date?

16. 2metraninja

Thanks, Seven.

Maybe today or tomorrow?

Caledorn must had the save till now. Maybe he will set up the game when he have the chance.

17. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Chieftain

Indeed, and I have played this way solo just never MP.

Just thought I would be better checking.

18. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Oops sorry I missed the sign-up. I love subbing anyway so keep me in mind if anybody needs a temp.

19. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Chieftain

I assume that this is just a 1st Turn login order?

20. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

No, it's not a login order at all. You log in whenever is convenient for you.

When you log in you must choose your civilization from a list. This is simply the order the list appears in. It really doesn't matter except for the trade route thing I mentioned.