1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New pitboss

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PitBoss Games' started by 2metraninja, May 16, 2014.

1. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

Did the same mistake. :lol:

Btw I'm having Fintourist as a dedlurker/teammate, he can possibly take turns when I'm not able to take them.

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

UUUUURRRRRRGGGGGHH, stupid game had me as Imperator Knödel, not Knoedel, and wouldn't let me rename ingame.

Also this is stupid, why would I have to use Direct IP when Pitboss is a separate option? PBEM Tracker is much more user friendly than this frustrating piece of work btw.

Also would it have been too much to ask to provide this newbie guide earlier? For wanting to attract new blood you aren't doing a very good job.

Also I'm obviously pissed off, can you tell?

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

About changing your name, you can simply exit the pitboss (always trough the "Exit to MAIN MENU" option) and then login back again right away typing more careful your own nickname this time. It will change once you login to the game.

4. 2metraninja

Where you have this separate "pitboss" option? Maybe you are using the Steam version? If so, can you login to our pitboss using the "pitboss" option? If you can, you can use any way of getting in to the game you find more handy. If not, use the one which works.

5. Imp. Knoedel

Well ing duh.

Never mind, I was wrong.

6. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Meanwhile the game disconnected. When it is reconnected I am almost sure I hit end turn before it disconnected. If so then Imp K will be last to play the first turn and the game will roll over to the next turn.
    As mentioned above he doesn't have to play the second turn right away he can just go 'exit to main menu' and come back later and play and finish and exit.

However when the game crashes like this then the host restarts by loading the last 'good' save. This means some players will need to replay their turn. Let's see what happens.

7. 2metraninja

Hmm.. I think the game is alive, as I was able to play my second turn. Maybe it is just the civstats uploader which crashed?

8. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

update:
    The game has moved to turn 2 and the game is accessible, it's just that civstats is not updated. Imp K and I have played our 2nd turns.

9. Imp. Knoedel

I exited to Desktop btw because for the lulz.

10. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

Good luck with your game, guys. :think:

11. 2metraninja

Game is paused with 4 hours on the clock due to the civstats tracker crash. Luthor, Classical, Friendly and Methinkso to play still. You unpause the game by pressing the "pause" button on your keyboard. Then you pause again pressing the same pause button. When everyone is done with his turn and hit "End of Turn", the game will advance to the new turn.

12. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Chieftain

Anyone know what's happening with America?

Also, now we have actually started wouldn't it be better to go to a short clock for the early turns as nothing really happens and you can queue Worker moves in advance.

BTW. What is the actual size of this World?

13. Cristoval

Cristoval Warlord

Large world size, high sea level according to the settings

14. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Has Caledorn been notified that the civstats is down?

Just waiting on Luthor to play and we can begin another turn.

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

As the host of the game, I have kicked Imp. Knoedel from the game and taken over his civ by setting a new password on the civ. I will personally sub for the civ until you can get a replacement player for the civ.

To Mr. Knoedel: You do not "Exit to Desktop for the lulz" when you get a clear and concise message from the host and the organisers of the game to not do so because this causes technical difficulties. Thanks to your stupidity, I had to set up a new Civstats for this game, and reload the game.

For the rest of the players, the new Civstats address is: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=2746 - Please PM me for the new registration password. The game had to be reloaded to the start of the second turn - BC 3960.

16. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Chieftain

Has someone had a hissy-fit and quit before Turn 2 has completed?

17. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

oooops... not used to playing Pitboss so I forgot... 24h each turn heim? I'll try but I'll miss a few for sure...

18. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Only for the early turns to get the game moving quickly. You can queue.
    if you wish.

19. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

If you register your civ at Civstats you will receive turn notification emails, telling you when there's a new turn for you to play. :)

20. Imp. Knoedel

Well that seems awfully harsh for a first offense. Naturally no one will believe me when I'm saying this now, but actually it was accidental and I reasoned I'd rather be thought of as a troll than a fool, but I guess I backed the wrong horse there. :lol: