New pitboss

As you say a map scaling with players is fine. Because muffin like small and fast games and I like big and slow I suggest we vote or something to see what majority wants. Someone pre-checking the map is a good idea.

OK, I will contact people later when I get home and will point them to this thread so we wait like 2-3 more days to see how much players we get and then we vote/discuss settings further.

What I am doing here is trying to resurect the once big big pool of pitbossers here at CFC. Or if need be to grow a new generation of pitbossers. It is a shame that this sub-forum was inactive for so long.

I must foretell that I do have quite an experience in civ4 MP and maybe some of the other guys who will join will be seasoned civvers too, so everyone who have no previous experience with MP be prapared to face tough challenge. People do play completely different than the AIs. But this is the beauty of MP - you test your intelligence, imagination and ideas versus other live thinking human beings with all their creativity put to test, all their psysical strenght tested. Not only the smartest one wins, not only the most innovative wins, not only the most aggressive or sturdy wins. Win in a Civ4 MP requires to have all of those and 100 more and to combine them in extraordinary way to win :) But I can assure you - all this is worth the thrill.

So everyone who ever wanted to try a MP, dont be afraid to show off in here. :)

The problem may be that its so fkn hard to become a member on CFC because of registration mail error.
Hope there are som noobs too im immortal SP so i know gamemechanics well but not mp tricks. My mistake is often to follow sp patterns and I get my but kicked especially by evil muff. Thats why I want to play random maps so theres room for building and it not only becomes an all out predictable wargame. For me civ is also about discovering the world and adapt to the situation, managing economy and outgrow rivals, not only about getting a military edge and whip your cities to dust wich is all that matters on some maps.

Hmhmhm I think I would like to join as well.

Great, what map do you want to play, a stinking crowded pool called inland sea or a great adventourous random map with rich unknown land full with treasures and (and little ponies) waiting to be discovered and exploited?

Lots of land - many cities. Many cities - overloaded player. I am against the huge maps.

And vote for fast speed.

Large map, Fractal, normal speed.

Hi, I would like to join the nascent game. Seen earlier comments and I think that such a great game card must be at quick speed, not the normal. But whatever you decide I'm inside.

I though about the APT mod, but I think it will be too much of a problem for newer players.

Well, my wife is not at all bad either, but I already made her few babies. And what is more important in this case she needs a sleep sometimes. Where I do not need such retrograde whims like sleeping just for the sake of the sleep myself :)

Last time I checked, making a baby lasts a few minutes tops, at least for the man. So that shouldn't be an excuse not to play. But may be the generations after me have more problems with that exercise. :p

Oh, and to prevent a question, no I'm not going to join, I was just following a link.

Top Bottom