New pitboss

Ha, I haven't dropped in in a couple years, and there is a game starting!

Let the new guys have the seats if it's full. If not, count me in.

Hey buddy! Glad to see you back to the mother ship :) Of course there is place for you. I will be hopefully back in 5 days at home, so we can say we start with whatever number of players we have at that time.

Come on, you civ lovers! We have pitboss, we have server, we have game starting! Come on in!

Awesome this is really picking up! How many do we have now? Would it be worthwhile editing the second post to be a list of everyone confirmed for the game? I think it may spur even more people on to join if they see the game is filling nicely.

Hey buddy! Glad to see you back to the mother ship :) Of course there is place for you. I will be hopefully back in 5 days at home, so we can say we start with whatever number of players we have at that time.

Come on, you civ lovers! We have pitboss, we have server, we have game starting! Come on in!

Perhaps in RB forum you can recruit a couple of players...

Might be worth a try.

And I updated the second post with the players list.

OK guys, I think we are ready. Lets everyone check in again and give his vote for:

(quote this message and remove the options which you dont want. leaving only the ones you like)

1. Game speed:
a/quick
b/normal

2. Map type
a/Pangaea
b/Inland sea
c/Continents
d/Other (specify)

3. Game difficulty (affects expansion and tech rate plus some traits usefulness)
a/noble
b/prince
c/monarch
d/emperor
e/immortal
f/deity

Settings which goes by default are I think no tech trading, double-move turn order in war. Anything else?

1. Game speed:
b/normal

2. Map type
d/Other (specify) Fractal or Hemispheres

3. Game difficulty (affects expansion and tech rate plus some traits usefulness)
a/noble

Mhm..

OK guys, I think we are ready. Lets everyone check in again and give his vote for:

(quote this message and remove the options which you dont want. leaving only the ones you like)

1. Game speed:
b/normal

2. Map type
c/Continents
d/ other

a/noble

Settings which goes by default are I think no tech trading, double-move turn order in war. Anything else?

ok here are my settings options but I am open to change.

Game speed: Normal

Map Type: no preference

Difficulty:Emperor (not picky about this one, but the higher the better)

Hi, my preferences:
1. Game speed:
b/normal

2. Map type
d/Other (Fractal)

a/noble :D

1. Game speed:
b/normal

2. Map type
c/Continents
d/Other: Random script excluding pangea and archipelago

a/noble
b/prince
c/monarch
d/emperor
e/immortal
f/deity

normal barbs, huts on to balance hunting (crappy starttech otherwise)

1. Game speed:
a/quick

2. Map type
b/Inland sea
But any map which gives equal land to all participants and allows land access to all gets a thumbs up from me.

a/noble

I would prefer huts/barbs/events off, but can be convinced otherwise is people have really strong preferences.

I think also important is map size/sea level, but after map type has been decided and how civs are picked.

I think enough tiles for 8 cities each before conflict is a good idea. I like the idea of the snake pick, but I really dont mind having 4 or 5 pacals on the scene.

1. Game speed:
a/quick
b/normal

2. Map type
a/Pangaea
b/Inland sea
c/Continents
d/Other (specify)

a/noble
b/prince
c/monarch
d/emperor
e/immortal
f/deity

Game speed: Quick

Map type: Continents

Game difficulty: noble

How many of you are playing so far - 10? I probably shouldn't join another game just now, though it's tempting to play with some of the old crowd again. :)

Are you guys aware that Direct IP functionality - and therefore Pitboss - just got broken today for Steam users (not CD users)? Not sure if it'll affect anyone here, but thought it worth mentioning.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201967707-2K-Online-Server-Migration-from-GameSpy-Technology
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=527539
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13258480

1. Game speed:
a/quick
b/normal

2. Map type
a/Pangaea
b/Inland sea
c/Continents
d/Other (specify)

a/noble
b/prince
c/monarch
d/emperor
e/immortal
f/deity

1a
2a
3d

The usual MP rules for PB.

Top Bottom