New Roads !!

Now how hard would it be for you to retexture the farms to be a whole square field and get rid of the stupid farm buildings (silos) on them...?

I like the way they look, but with that color are they hard to tell apart from railroads when you're zoomed out?

Neat, the screenshots at least make it seem like they would be paved, which would suit both old times and modern...nice work. Going to install them.

hi, no the railroads are really different. i know those road seems to be too light when zoom-out, but try to play with the original dark road... you are not able to see anything ! very unbalanced :( Now i can see my units without glasses :)

About the buildings... i will have a look... but i m not expert in 3d modeling. I think the buildings concept is good in civ4, of course i think the models are too big and not scaled but it doesn t matter....civ4 is like a wargame at least, then, no need to play on a perfect scaled board. maybe be the units could have color circles like civ3, sometimes, when a big war occurs, it s hard to find our units...

sorry for bad english...

cya, and enjoy those roads...

These look really nice. I worry that they might not stand out enough when I play, but I'll try them and see. I love the screenshot, though.

They look very good in-game, been using them since he put them out basically and not the least bit dissapointed.. Im using the larger version.

PatGarr....not sure why steps 5 and 6 are necessary. Is this only if I want to add a new unit skin?

yes , the steps 5 & 6 are not usefull.

u can forget it. I just copy/paste the how-to from another post :)

They look better than the orig ones, good work patgarr, thanks for them and the info on putting them ingame.

Edit: thanked you twice, oh well your twice as cool now,lol

patgarr said:
I post a new file with modified roads... those are less brown and smaller than the original ones.
enjoy...

replace this file into :

(multi language version)
D:\CIV4\Assets\Art\terrain\routes\roads

use PakBuild.exe to unpack the Art0.FPK file

sorry for being such an idiot... but can someone post a walk through step-by-step as to how to install this file?

thanks... these look great!!

Unpacking the Art Pack File:

1. Download the PakBuild.zip file from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=136023

2. Run the EXE and select the Unpak option

3. Go to your Civ4 directory (default is C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\) and open up the Assets Directory. Click on the Art0.FPK file and select Open. C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Art0.FPK

4. Browse to your Civ4 folder and click on Assets and click Ok

5. Once the unpack finishes, put and replace the Roadprimitive.dds file into \CIV4\Assets\Art\terrain\routes\roads

6. Run the game.

I understand about running the executable PakBuild file, but what do we do with the roadprimitive.dds file that is posted? Is this the same procedure for all graphics mods?

Thanks!

the unpack gives you access to the assets files to be modified by mods.

You have to unpack only one time. it s the better way to replace .dds file and others.

I'm sorry, call me stupid. I still don't understand. I run the exe according to the steps posted and then what? I have the .dds file on my desktop. What do I DO with it? Do I put it in a folder, do I manipulate it somehow? What? :confused:

Also, you mentioned "replacing" dds files. Is there something we need to back up before installing a mod?

Obviously I'm totally lost! :(

Also, you mentioned "replacing" dds files. Is there something we need to back up before installing a mod?

Obviously I'm totally lost! :([/QUOTE]

Kroym I know how you feel.

After you unpack the ArtO.FPK, you will see a bunch of folders in the Assets folder.
goto the Art folder and open.
now see the folder that says Terrain, open it.
You will then see a folder that says, routes, open it
You will then see another folder that says, roads, open it

Now you can drop the Unzipped mod into this, it will over write the original one (make sure you back up the original roadprimitive.dds file and put it in a safe
place.)
I hope this helps you
Good luck.

:goodjob:

I believe you should use the custom assets folder. That way you never change the original game files.

Yeah, obviously, otherwise it'd be open to hacks.

:goodjob: Thanks! That's so much clearer. I didn't want to do anything (especially with such a new game) without knowing exactly what to do.

Kroym

Top Bottom