New Scenarios

It says I am defeated early in the begining. Obviously I am doing something wrong..
I am playing with Rev 1082. I dont know if the problem comes from there though.

But I look forward to play this scenario!

And that 1500AD aswell :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0074.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0074.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 247
It says I am defeated early in the begining. Obviously I am doing something wrong..
I am playing with Rev 1082. I dont know if the problem comes from there though.

But I look forward to play this scenario!

And that 1500AD aswell :)

The Scenario is up to Rev 1079, Rev 1082 is too new.

Actually, the map loads fine if you change the columbia leader head from Pastrana to Bolivar. Use Notepad++, ctrl+f Columbia, replace PASTRANA with BOLIVAR

However, it does tend to randomly CTD on turn increment, sometimes with a MAF, but sometimes with a no-message CTD :(

I had an idea for 2021's balance of power, but with a starting time circa 1300 - 1400. On the GEM.

I researched and recorded population, land area, major cities, military strength and composition, GDP, and GDP per capita for all 50 civs for the scenario. I then applied this info holistically rather than literally. For example, tech serves as a viable substitute for GDP per capita, etc..

It's been playing amazing so far, though I don't understand everything about the gamespeed and era xml's. For example, the WB XML says "ancient," because I was afraid to change it. HOW IF AT ALL DOES THIS AFFECT GAMEPLAY? When I play the different civs, they start as the era their tech dictates - ranging from Ancient to Rennaissance - but is there also a "master era" for the game, as the WB XML seems to imply? I fiddled a lot with research modifers, etc., without really understanding what I was doing, and without knowing how to save original files. All I know is that the scenario SEEMS to play fine now.

I settled on 1367 as a reasonable start year. I've played many games through 100-200 turns so far. Most civs are immediately vassaled by China, Russia, France, India, etc, especially China, who always has about a dozen vassals and has gone as high as twenty. Japan is also very strong, but isolated, and Germany has a wide range of outcomes. I may have made England a bit too weak, but hey, it's 2021, not 1871. America begins as, I think, the only civ with Rennaissance tech. Generally, but not strictly, there are three tiers of civs: masters, vassals, and independents. Italy seems to be the most representative example of an independent-tier civ. Other civs seem to be independent due to geography (or maybe leader traits) rather than power.

Anyway, I'm deep into an Indonesian game right now. I don't expect to win, but it's very fun, so I hope to play it through to the end of the game to see how the scenario develops.

Speaking of gamespeed, I accidentally modified the original XML, so that it says "Normal," but it's actually more like a chimerical monster of marathon, epic, my own thing, and possibly also normal. Kind of a mess... but as long as the scenario is fun for now, I won't stress about not having the original XML's.

Last edited:
It's been playing amazing so far, though I don't understand everything about the gamespeed and era xml's. For example, the WB XML says "ancient," because I was afraid to change it. HOW IF AT ALL DOES THIS AFFECT GAMEPLAY? When I play the different civs, they start as the era their tech dictates - ranging from Ancient to Rennaissance - but is there also a "master era" for the game, as the WB XML seems to imply? I fiddled a lot with research modifers, etc., without really understanding what I was doing, and without knowing how to save original files. All I know is that the scenario SEEMS to play fine now
Each civ will be in the era of it's most advanced tech. E. g. if you give a civ with only ancient techs Plasma,
than it will be in the transhuman era. You cannot change that any other way.

Each civ will be in the era of it's most advanced tech. E. g. if you give a civ with only ancient techs Plasma,
than it will be in the transhuman era. You cannot change that any other way.

Got it. I'm still not clear what that means, though. Like, what does it affect? Is it just a label?

Also, I noticed a few minutes ago that I have "realistic timescale" enabled. So, maybe all of that tinkering I did in gamespeed and research modifiers was fighting against itself. In any event, I like how the game is playing, so no complaints.

PS There were two BUG toggles I hoped to find but couldn't:

1. A way to make the side screen not show vassals. Because there are so many vassals in my game, the screen usually only has space for the top five or so independent civs.

2. A way to make units in cities invisible. I still want to toggle them on for strategy, but the cities are just so much more beautiful without giant archers and stuff obscuring the view.

Got it. I'm still not clear what that means, though. Like, what does it affect? Is it just a label?
Era affects many things. See EraInfos.xml

PS There were two BUG toggles I hoped to find but couldn't:

1. A way to make the side screen not show vassals. Because there are so many vassals in my game, the screen usually only has space for the top five or so independent civs.

2. A way to make units in cities invisible. I still want to toggle them on for strategy, but the cities are just so much more beautiful without giant archers and stuff obscuring the view.
I don't know if #1 is possible or not (cannot check it now) but I'm 99% sure that #2 is not possible (without heavy dll modding).

Top Bottom