New Speaker/Sound Card Suggestions

Strider

In Retrospect
Okay, I'm going to try to upgrade my Sound Card and Speakers (I easpicially need new speakers.. one of them just puts out a static sound).

First thing I'm wondering is if I actually need to get a new sound card. My motherboard is brand new, and the Sound device that's built in on it is pretty good. The sound built in is a Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Okay.. now on to what I actually plan on buying. This is the sound card I plan on getting.. nothing to fancy.. and if you guys say I don't need one I won't even get it.

The speakers I plan on getting is here. Once again, nothing to fancy again. If it matters, all I use them for is Games and music.. so I won't be demanding to much for either the sound card or the speakers.

The speakers I currently have are about 6-7 years old.. and the static thing is just a recent problem. There currently just 2 speakers.. no subwoofer or anything else. I've heard subwoofers are nice to have, so I made sure to pick out a set that has one. Does that really make a differance?

Your soundcard sucks. I had it and absolutely loathed it. So yes, definately get a new one. I don't know much about the one you've linked to, but I really recommend getting any model of 'Audigy 2'. I have one of the (old) lower end ones and it is great. Should only cost about $40.
You really do notice the improvement in sound quality + it helps games run a lot nicer (as you can turn on the Hardware rendering option)

Regarding speakers, yes, subwoofers really do make a big difference. They add proper bass to the sound, makes it a lot nicer to listen to. Especially if you're into rock music etc. You'll also notice an improvement in games, explosions will sound a lot better, and depending on what volume you've got it set to, it could shake the floor :D
But...
Unless you have your computer in a big room*, and/or use your computer to play music for parties or whatever, I strongly reccomend you get headphones instead. The quality is so much better, they are cheaper, you don't disturb anyone when listening to loud music, and for the ones I linked, you get a sexeh microphone attatched (some newer games have ingame comms features).
The ones I linked to are superb (if you're getting any, get them). The only disadvantage is if you use your computer socially - seeing as obviously only 1 person can use them. Although if not, headphones are a must.

Anyhoo, hope that helps. Tell me what you decide to get (headphones :p)

*the cable is 'only' 3 metres long - enough to walk around anywhere in my room...

Gainy bo said:
Regarding speakers, yes, subwoofers really do make a big difference. They add proper bass to the sound, makes it a lot nicer to listen to. Especially if you're into rock music etc.

Sorry, but subwooferes weren't made for music and it really just distorts it!

Lozzy_Ozzy said:
Sorry, but subwooferes weren't made for music and it really just distorts it!
:confused:
Then what were they made for?
If anything it makes it clearer!

Top Bottom