new towns

lil_wilde

Chieftain
so, it seems that you cant just plop down a new city just anywhere. Seems like you need to be beside your capital. But some plots near capital work and others don't. Whats the deal?

By "your capital", I'm guessing you mean your Home City (the one belonging to the President)?

I just ran a test. Screenshot attached- as you can see, I Worldbuildered a Free Colonist on the other end of the map from my capital and I have the ability to found a city.

Or is this not what you meant? I'm a little confused, because I haven't noticed anything wrong with founding cities and I'm guessing no one else has, since no one else has reported anything (unless everyone decided not to mention it)...

You should be able to found a city anywhere on the map.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 277
Im not a mod'er. I just want to play the game. I can't build a new city with my homesteaders anywhere on the map. It seems like I have to build it right beside the capital which is stupid.

And I'm saying that I have not had the experience, and I posted a screenshot to show it.

And you still didn't say what you mean by "capital". Do you mean your Home City, under the President's control, or your first city? There aren't capitals in Colonization.

If anyone else has had the experience, I'd hope they would mention it here. It's not intentional. If it is happening, it's a bug. But I haven't had it happen to me in my tests.

Ok, Ive attached a screenshot. In my screen shot this guy can build closer to the Presidents town but not other places.

View attachment 241951

Do I need to bring someone from the Presidents town who is capable of building anywhere?

Ok, Ive attached a screenshot. In my screen shot this guy can build closer to the Presidents town but not other places.

View attachment 241951

Do I need to bring someone from the Presidents town who is capable of building anywhere?

Wait- your unit doesn't have any available missions/commands? It doesn't have a Move, Sentry, Sleep, Skip Turn, etc. either? That's what it looks like from the screenshot. It looks like while the unit is selected, it has no available commands- it's not just the "Build a City" one that's missing.

Please turn on python exceptions by:

Bug Thread said:
2. Make sure python exceptions are turned ON. To turn them on, go into your .ini file (_Civ4Config, it's called, in your Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization directory), and search for:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups.
HidePythonExceptions = 0

It should be set to 0.

If you get any python exceptions, post them.

ok, I changed it to 0 and when I tried to play, as soon as I moved my wagon I got this pop-up.

File "CvScreensInterface", line 556, in ForceCreenRedraw

File "CvMaintenance", line 1120, in Redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1756, in update SelectionButton

Rintime Error: unidentifiable C++ exception

Thanks for your help!

The point of that wasn't to fix the problem, it was to pinpoint the problem.

Have you installed the latest patch for Westward Ho- v0.33? I recall that an error like this popped up with v0.30, but I think Kailric fixed it in the first patch. Which is included in v0.33 (all patches contain all previous patches).

ok, so Ive downloaded and unzipped the file to my desktop. What do I do with it now?

And should I change that code back to 1?

ok, so Ive downloaded and unzipped the file to my desktop. What do I do with it now?

And should I change that code back to 1?

Install it the same way you installed WestwardHo- inside the zip, there should be a WestwardHo folder. Copy that folder into the Mods folder, and say yes to overwrite all files.

I would keep HidePythonExceptions = 0, since if you find any other bugs you can post the python error message that pops up.

yup, that worked! Thanks for your help.

If I don't get anymore error codes should I change the python code back to 1?

Top Bottom