1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Turn Crash on Granary Completion

Discussion in 'Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports' started by Ventessel, May 4, 2012.

1. Ventessel

Ventessel Chieftain

I'm running a customized Fallout mod that seems to run just fine. I've played games all the way up to turn 200+, and done multiplayer games. All the files are in order and yet every so often when starting a new game I will experience an inexplicable crash (Windows informs me that "Civ 3 Conquests has stopped working") and the program has to be shut down. This always happens at the start of a new turn, but seems quite random. I have had it happen anywhere from early on in the game, to halfway through the second era.

Can anyone advise? Have you had similar problems running vanilla Civ or a mod?

2. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Clean up your C Drive and defrag. Add more ram.

Care to share more info on your system?

3. Ventessel

Ventessel Chieftain

I just noticed your reply, my apologies. I think I ended up killing some background processes that were running my system into the ground, but it worked out alright. Thanks for the advice, though.