New unit: Carthaginian Pikeman (20th May 2005)

It is similar to other known African sheilds. I don't know if it reflects a Carthagian sheild or not. I suspec it is more Zulu then anything. But I think it works well as it helps differentiate the unit. If it looked just like all the other phalanxes of the era with the only differences so subtle that they'd be close to impossible to pickup on in game, would that really be better?

I agree, its better to have some personal touch to differentiate your unit in comparison to "total realism", which is, given the scale of the units, impossible to achive.

I was just curious, I have been spending the last half months in the Total War forum, watching too many kinds of different units from the ancient period.. :crazyeye:

Ah, simply wonderful. Am very happy I don't have to sit and drool at the preview anymore, but can download the unit finally! :D

Look what I miss when I go on vacation... Very nice :D The only quible would be the spear tip leaving the frame on that attack animation. But that's probably not even noticable in-game since those few frames go by so fast.

I can't believe I stopped going into the unit forums. Some great stuff are being made. Great job :goodjob:

Nice work. Been a while since I've seen someone make a Carthage unit.

Okay, sorry to bump, but the civiliopedia pics appeared black ingame.
I took the freedom to fix this, file is attached.

PS: Good unit!

Attachments

• Pike_Pedia.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 112
That happens a lot. Thanks for the fix. One less thing for me to do later. ;)

Excellent! Thanks for the Carthaginian unit.

Top Bottom