New Unit Graphics - Sniper and Rocket Armor

zyxwyvu

Chieftain
Ok here's my Sniper unit...

It is meant to be a defensive unit that has a bombard attack (to simulate sniping), that is powerful enough to damage foot soldiers but not armor. The stats I use are 2 attack, 8 defense, 1 movement, 12 bombard, 1 bombard range, 1 rate of fire. It can also build fortresses. Requires Espionage.

I'll put Rocket Armor picture on post after this one...

Rocket Armor is meant to upgrade from Snipers, and functions in the same way, except they fire long range rockets that can damage other armor units. I use 4 attack, 12 defense, 3 movement, 28 bombard, 2 bombard range, and 4 rate of fire. Requires Computers.

If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me!

Attachments

• sniperattack.gif
    sniperattack.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 5,131
For the sniper I think you should give it Invisible ability, as well as take away it's ability to build forts. That seems alittle too extreme. I like your bombard idea, and the graphics are great!:goodjob:

I wonder how the AI would use this... It might use it to attack, even wit two attack, the AI still uses defense to attack sometimes. Not that that is bad... I use infantry to attack cities all the time.

Seems like a good thing to put in forests. And if you put more than one in and it is atacked, one of the defneding sniperswill bombard! Great!

anyone know how i can get my files up to d/l? I dont want to have to upload every file cuz i only have a 56k. I could possibly put them on like a geocities page and link to them but if anyone has a better solution please tell me.

For the sniper I think you should give it Invisible ability, as well as take away it's ability to build forts. That seems alittle too extreme. I like your bombard idea, and the graphics are great!

There is no invisible ability in civ3, the closest would be hidden nationality, but you can still see them.

The ability to build forts isnt really important so i might get rid of that.

I'm making a mod that will include these units and have more changes.

I also forgot to say that they both have zone of control and amphibious, and the Rocket Armor has blitz and radar.

Ok just read that FAQ... should have read it be4.
I'll just put it on geocities and put links in another post.

Wow its like a monologue here...

Originally posted by zyxwyvu
Finally got em all uploaded to geocities!! heres the site:

click right here for the units!!

let the d/l-ing begin!!

dont forget to leave suggestions and comments.

Geocities suggested that the two zip files for the animation cannot be found :confused:

Units_32.zip is downloaded ok though.

Geocities suggested that the two zip files for the animation cannot be found

I'll check that later today. I just tried to d/l and it didn't work...

How about giving it the 'Stealth' ability?

The Stealth ability is only for aircraft and means it is harder to intercept it when attacking.

ok well I figured out why the d/l didn't work and its cuz geocities i bet is on a damn unix server and therefore thinks capital letters are different from lower case. So, I just made the links capitalized like my files, and now it should work.

what about giving it the submarine ability? I haven't tried it but, doesn't that flag make the subs invisible? You would have to give some units the "spot subs" flag, I'm thinking other snipers and maybe Special Forces/Spec Ops units.

what about giving it the submarine ability? I haven't tried it but, doesn't that flag make the subs invisible? You would have to give some units the "spot subs" flag, I'm thinking other snipers and maybe Special Forces/Spec Ops units.

thats a good idea... I'll try that later.

and BTW, Geocities sent me an email saying I got a ton of traffic on my site where the units are posted and said that they had to disable the page for a while. I just checked and it looks like its working. Let me know if it stops working.

I don't mean to be a know it all,:D but I think the units would work much better with a correct units_32.pcx file. Zyxwyvu, you must not have seen the countless posts by Dark Sheer and others on how to correctly edit the units_32.pcx file. You must place the new unit pic before the last 8 unit pics, in otherwords right after the privateer. I edited the file for you and will post it. I'm not sure if it will work because I did a quick edit with paint(I'm not on my reg comp) and I don't have time to test it.:cry: Enjoy!

Attachments

• units_32.pcx
    99.4 KB · Views: 254
You make a patriot as the lowest form of the sniper if it isn't to much work.
It would be the americans uu with 4/3/2 and a one bombard and 10 bombard power because they were better attacking than defending and have it require democracy
I can't do it right now so you could do it or anyone willing to take up the challenge.

There is no invisible ability in civ3, the closest would be hidden nationality, but you can still see them.

The ability to build forts isnt really important so i might get rid of that.

I'm making a mod that will include these units and have more changes.

I also forgot to say that they both have zone of control and amphibious, and the Rocket Armor has blitz and radar.

Actually the closest thing to invisiblity is the Submarine ability. Many people do not realize that this ability can be used for both air and land units as well as sea units. This is what I use for my E-3 Sentry, and Trojan Horse units. I believe it would be beneficial for this unit and can be used in combination with Hidden Nationality.

sorry, I didn't see that Kal-el had mentioned the Submarine ability. I have tested it and it works.

Ok here's my Sniper unit...

It is meant to be a defensive unit that has a bombard attack (to simulate sniping), that is powerful enough to damage foot soldiers but not armor. The stats I use are 2 attack, 8 defense, 1 movement, 12 bombard, 1 bombard range, 1 rate of fire. It can also build fortresses. Requires Espionage.

I don't think so
a defens of 8 isn good for a sniper units
sniper not for the battle-field so it no need so much def
hmm I think I would get sniper the submarine skill ( can it be? like a mine it will be invisible for other units) and hidden nationality ability like assasin
I would take a def of 2 for the sniper, bombard range of 2
and the biuld fortress skill I would cancel
so: 2a2d1m 12b 2br 1rof Submarine and hidden nationality

we can do a upgrade for the sniper like laser-sniper :D in the tech Laser with more bombard range :lol:

if I write nonsense so tell it me :D

Top Bottom